Author Topic: Freespace 2 Music  (Read 2722 times)

Offline adwight

• Neo-Terran
  • Go Gators!
Does anyone know where I could dl the FS:2 Music at?  I work at a place that could use some of that great music during missions they run, and for during briefings and at the end(It's a Simulator Company).  Any help would be appreciated.
Neo-Terra Victorious

The Lightning Marshall

158th Banshee Squadron

Gay people are rejects who can't get girls. Period. -DragonClaw
Can I have sex with it yet? -KnightTemplar

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
well, why don't you just extarct them from the game? :)
d/l VPview (you can get it at HLP, d/l section I suppose), musics are in the warble_fs2.vp file :)
SCREW CANON!

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Then burn them to a CD. Better mix them first, though, or you'll get sixty 30-second tracks.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Nico

• Venom
Originally posted by GalacticEmperor
Then burn them to a CD. Better mix them first, though, or you'll get sixty 30-second tracks.

yeah, I began to do that too, but... bah, it was too long to do, so for now they stay on my HD, waiting to be complete :p
SCREW CANON!

Offline adwight

• Neo-Terran
  • Go Gators!
I'm sorry, But I don't have a CD Burner.  If any of you have them zipped, could you send them to me? (I don't want to hassle with VPViewer)
Neo-Terra Victorious

The Lightning Marshall

158th Banshee Squadron

Gay people are rejects who can't get girls. Period. -DragonClaw
Can I have sex with it yet? -KnightTemplar

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
It is actually not that hard to use - just select the file, click extract and choose a directory - and is probably the best option, since the music files combined are quite large. (the vp is 118.858128MB)

Offline Nico

• Venom
yeah, and I doubts anybody wants to hassle sending you hundreds of mb of zipped files :rolleyes:
SCREW CANON!

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Seriously, it's easy. The FS2 music for each chapter make an important part of my listening regime each day. :D
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Black Sheep

• Wannabe Composer
Anyway...the files are in a crappy 22 khz ADPCM format...go to www.freespace2.com ...in the downloads area you'll find some high quality MP3s!
"Something is rotten in the state of Denmark"
-Hamlet rulez

Offline Ulundel

• Big press poppa
Originally posted by Setekh
Seriously, it's easy. The FS2 music for each chapter make an important part of my listening regime each day. :D

I'm listening Leviticus right now.  Anyways, if we're already talking about FS music, then what's yours favourite?:p

Offline Stunaep

• Thread Necrotech.... we bring the dead to life!
Originally posted by Ten of Twelve

I'm listening Leviticus right now.  Anyways, if we're already talking about FS music, then what's yours favourite?:p

Yeah, Leviticus rules.

Guess that answers your question, doesn't it?
"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n
Bah. You're an admin, you've had practice at this spanking business. - Odyssey

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Leviticius is pretty good, but I like the second and third parts of Exodus a bit better. (first part doesn't even sound like a battle IMHO :p) The best of all of them is probably Brief4 in my opinion. I listen to that one quite one a bit when designing missions. :)

Offline LtNarol

• Biased Banshee
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/the158th
Cinema2, no doubt about it in my mind

Offline Ulundel

• Big press poppa
I also like numbers. Yeah, numbers is a TRUE battle music. Jam-pam-pam-pam...jam-pam-pam-jampam-pam etc. :D (I'm good, am I not) :D :D :D

Offline Stunaep

• Thread Necrotech.... we bring the dead to life!
And Leviticus:
jam-pam-pam-pam jam-pam-pam-pam jam-pam-pam jam-pam-pam pam-ba jam-pam-pam-pam jam-pam-pam-pam jam-pam-pam pam-ba.

Someone lock me up and throw away the key!
:headz:
"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n
Bah. You're an admin, you've had practice at this spanking business. - Odyssey

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Dun. Dun. Dun. Duh-dunnn dun. Dun. Dun. Dun. Duh-DUN...

Aquitaine :D I love vocalizations.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
Ahh, Aquitaine makes me sick! I hear it too much!

*replaces it with Predator's opening theme*
"Going too far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know."
- Sarah Vowell

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
Revalation

Make no mistake this piece simply reeks of coolness!;7 :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Leviticus r0x0rs your b0x0rs. It's my fave by far. :)
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.