Author Topic: 2008 Indie game of the year voting  (Read 15684 times)

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
2008 Indie game of the year voting
Anyone who wants to vote for TBP as the 2008 Indie Game of the year can do so here: http://www.moddb.com/games/the-babylon-project
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Shade

Re: 2008 Indie game of the year voting
Already did :D
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
I put a vote in for Diaspora and Saga as well. 
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 03:18:30 pm by FUBAR-BDHR »
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Kassad

• Rock the Casbah!
    • http://kassad86.deviantart.com/
Done  ;)

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
I didn't vote for Saga (Tolwyn, don't read this :wtf:) despite being part of the team. Saga just doesn't deserve it with so few released content and I can't vote for it because of things that are team-only, no matter how good. It's too long in development and showing to little new.
Same for Diaspora. I want to see something before I vote. EDIT: Thought about it again. Voted. Kara is at the helm, this will deliver. Also, it has the "it's still new and alive and kicking" bonus.

But I put in an additional vote for ST:R of course  :)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 06:20:13 am by Vidmaster »
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Thought about it again. Voted.

Indie game of the year having not released anything and only existed for part of the year?  :nervous: They'll still probably beat us anyway :).
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Vidmaster

hey, you're back  :)

yeah, Diaspora will come out on top no doubt.

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline shiv

• Don't forget Poland!
  • FRED me!
    • http://freespace.pl
voted. :D
http://www.sectorgame.com/vega
The Apocalypse Vega - Join the battle! A campaign for FreeSpace 2 Open

http://www.game-warden.com/earthdefence
Earth Defense project - Coming soon...

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Voted

somehow I got the justify that badge...
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
yeah, Diaspora will come out on top no doubt.

Actually that's not necessarily true.

1) Diaspora hasn't released anything this year.
2) A lot of people who voted for BtRL last year either don't know about Diaspora or won't vote for us until we do release something
3) Since we're virtually the same team who won it last year, using many of the same models we're probably not different enough from BtRL to get anything above an honourable mention.
4) We're probably going to pull out of the whole thing anyway since we'd rather compete for MotY 2009 once we're competing completely under our own reputation and not based on BtRL's

Although I'm working hard on Diaspora right now, TBP's the indie game I'd be pushing to win this year so if you lot want to make a serious PR campaign I'll be right behind you. :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
I'd love to see TBP win, so much effort has been put into that mod over the years that it deserves recognition.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
hey, you're back  :)

Kinda. My PC is dead.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I've noticed that the ModDB site has no actual news posted. That has the effect of making TBP look a lot more dead than it actually is. In addition, posting news gets you onto the front page of the ModDB which gets you seen by people who wouldn't otherwise notice your mod.

My suggestion would be to make a "Review of the year" style update post covering all the stuff that TBP has added to the final release since that came out. I'd make one myself but I've not kept up with TBP as much as I should these last few months so I'd miss stuff out.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline darkmaster

• TBP
    • Personal Website
Voted.
TBP's apprentice FREDDER.

Campaign in development:
Guardian of Light (Demo state)(Download DEMO here)
The First Invasion - Part 1 (Planning Concept)

Single Mission :
Human-Narn First Contact (Download here)

Offline Vidmaster

my thoughts similar.

We need to note the newly released campaigns, especially DoW 3 of course since that's not in the Campaign Pack. All, let's start writing something and discuss this. TBP year in review sounds great and we had some big releases this year.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
Well the major stuff I can think of that happened last year and there is a lot of it.

Multiplayer is fixed and updaded.
FH2260 (  or was that late 07?)
DC (again not sure if that was 07)
Kara, Vid and I officially join the team.
3.4B goes FINAL
Hip makes the installer
Multiplayer mission pack
Startfury pilot missions are updated and released
EMW released
DVD is released
IP steps into the shadows leaving Vid and I in charge (gasp)
Operations released
3.6.10 testing for multi begins
Several movies released. 
Campaign pack 2.0
XMAS pack (includes first mods)
DOW updated and part 3 

I know there is more then this but that's just off the top of my head. 

Offline Vidmaster

you are right, Dark Children was 08  :eek2:

I recommend nailing it down to:
- TBP going Final
- Release of Fortune Hunters 2260 and Earth-Brakiri War. Maybe DoW3 too but that was still a bit rough in 08. It's better in 09  :lol:
- Implimentation of Multiplayer with tons of missions and the Coop-Operations campaigns
- The Release of the TBP DVD along with the campaign pack 2.0
- Short mentioning of updated and new stuff that came out after CP2.0, especially the updated SF Pilot, Operations and the XMAS package

Not sure about team changes, mini-campaigns (DC) and WIP 3.6.10

Edit: Just for fun: What the hell should we do if we win  :lol: :lol: :lol: ? Who to send the prizes :lol: ?

Offline darkmaster

• TBP
    • Personal Website
Who to send the prizes :lol: ?

To JMS. Tell him to release the whole B5 timeline and story for us in order to recieve the prizes. :D
TBP's apprentice FREDDER.

Campaign in development:
Guardian of Light (Demo state)(Download DEMO here)
The First Invasion - Part 1 (Planning Concept)

Single Mission :
Human-Narn First Contact (Download here)

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Master Drunk
From watching some of the voting I doubt we will win but I have thought about that.  Depending on what it is we probably should give it to the team member(s) that can put it to the best use. 

As for the news now all we need is for someone to type it up.  I'm terrible at doing that stuff or there would already be news posted.   :P

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel
my thoughts similar.

We need to note the newly released campaigns, especially DoW 3 of course since that's not in the Campaign Pack. All, let's start writing something and discuss this. TBP year in review sounds great and we had some big releases this year.

Voted.

Name the review: The Babylon Project, i was there... it sounds more B5-ish. :)