Author Topic: 1 SEXP required to fly capital ships  (Read 7631 times)

Re: 1 SEXP required to fly capital ships
Well i know nothing about coding, but just a thought. Assuming that you put most of the minor turrets under AI control, Is there a way for you to give it commands as you would give wingmen commands? For ex. To target bombers first, you would press C to bring up command list, 1 for ships, 1 for your own, and 2 to focus attack on bombers?

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Well i know nothing about coding, but just a thought. Is there a way for you to give it commands as you would give wingmen commands? For ex. To target bombers first, you would press C to bring up command list, 1 for ships, 1 for your own, and 2 to focus attack on bombers?

You could probably sexp that in, target priority etc etc. Adding it to the comms menu would probably be pushing it though.

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
Not that I want to rush anyone, but when would the 3 SEXP's I explained be available for use?  Eventually, I'm going to get to the capship portions of my campaign and will need them to continue work.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Not that I want to rush anyone, but when would the 3 SEXP's I explained be available for use?  Eventually, I'm going to get to the capship portions of my campaign and will need them to continue work.

Depends on how much time coders etc have, and how much potential people see in this.

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
Well, it's worth a shot after years of random people asking for actual capship missions.

Offline Nemesis6

• Tongs
Awesome. Pretty cool to see this in action. I just don't get the instructions: Up arrow doesn't have any function. Just trying to figure out how to see the beams in action without crashing it.

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
Crashing it?  You have to have all of the data files in the right directory...

Anyway, the campaign will be in a vp, so it's not really a problem once that gets released.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 02:54:50 pm by Dark RevenantX »

Offline Nemesis6

• Tongs
No idea what was wrong. Got it working now. How do I use the AAA beams, though? They seem to focus on the big ships only. Also, I'm not sure how to lock the target so the beam doesn't just cut across the hull.

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
That must be a TerSlash beam or the like, it's just how it works.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
A major engine modification would be required for manual turret aiming.  Sorry, Nemesis6.  The best that can be done right now is commands to each turret to fire on a ship or, possibly, a general direction.

The bug with AAA beams is known and I have subsequently fixed it (sort of).  I won't bother releasing a new test mission, though, until a new SEXP (or three) is implemented.

Offline JGZinv

• The Last Dual! Guardian
    • The FringeSpace Conversion Mod
I'd very much like to see this mature more if for nothing else but the sake of having it available to use.
However, I don't feel entirely right though trying to add our support when my mod is still a long ways
off before we could actually make any use of it.
True power comes not from strength, but from the soul and imagination.
Max to PCS2 to FS2 SCP Guide
The FringeSpace Conversion Mod

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Actually I'm probably going to take a look at these SEXPs after I'm done with the ones I'm  making for you. :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline JGZinv

Yay!  ;) :nod:

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
Bump.

Any updates on progress or are you just bugfixing?

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Still bugfixing for the most part.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Romanmolf

• n00b... And loving it
I hope that ''still'' won't stay for TOO long.

Offline Almael

Hello, I got here to help but as of now I haven't seen  any code, so I can only make proposals.

Regarding the firing of a weapon, it can be done by emulating recharging based on the level of current engine energy level. If there is not enough energy, it just won't fire not matter how many times the buttons are hit. Since the energy level variable already exist this shouldn't be much of a problem, just need a new method.

Getloaded weapon can be done likewise by checking levels, but to prevent a lower level weapon to fire all the time a variable would be needed to simulate colling time. So it will make way for other weapons to be used.
Actually, using 'charging' the fired and getloaded can be merged to one

As to getting target information, this seems contradicting. For one you want the information, but it can only be true if a target was assigned either by the some AI chosing or by the player through a command/event. Without any assignment the answer could be anything the returned parameter has.

Offline JGZinv

Almael is looking to possibly start a new FS2 mod depending if he can accomplish his goals
with the FS2 SCP engine... he's got a background with some coding, translation, and scripting
concerning games. We're both members on another forum.

So just to point out he's not a fly by night first time poster.