Author Topic: Game Freezing  (Read 1258 times)

Offline Bxnabx

So, i installed the retail FS2 and Open FS2, whichever i try to run, the cinematics work perfectly and than when i get into the login screen, it works for about 3 seconds and than it just freezes for 5 secs, than normally 3 secs again.... It cant be that my pc isnt strong enough to run it, so i really dont know whats causing it, any ideas?

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
System specs?  Are you using the latest video and chipset drivers?  What version of FS2_Open are you running?  Try the latest 3.6.10 from the Knightly builds forum.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Bxnabx

I got 3.5.6 version or smth like that. Ill try that 1. System specs... Dual core 2x 2.61, ATI Radeon 2600 xt. 2gb ram....  got latest drivers.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
3.5.6 is more than 5 years old so I suspect that's not what you have. :)

The stop then start problem could have several causes but a likely one for 3.6.9 builds is a processor affinity issue. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL and then find the FS2_Open process on the process tab. Right click on it and set affinity to just one of your CPUs. If that solves the problem I suggest upgrading to one of the 3.6.10 builds from the nightly forum.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]