Author Topic: PVD Cobra  (Read 4963 times)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Before I was born, master modder Dark made a superb reskin of the Imperial Star Destroyer (original mesh by Darth Maul). It looked pretty class and despite being painfully obvious a reskin of a Star Wars ship, was still quite cool.

So I was wondering, since the FSPort team have been upgrading and remaking old FS1 mods, would the PVD Cobra be anywhere on the list?

Offline Narvi

The Imperial Star Destroyer as a PVN ship.

What.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
An ISD reskinned to look Vasudan.

EDIT:

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Wow, that's...oddly effective.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Er, no... I mean I like Dark's work, and I like what he did with it... and the idea of a dagger-shaped Vasudan destroyer is nice... but I'm certainly not going to work on it.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Snail

• SC 5
If you think of it, it does look oddly like an upscaled Scarab.

Offline Narvi

This is unholy.

The bridge tower just doesn't fit.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
This is unholy.

The bridge tower just doesn't fit.
Agreed on that point.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Typhon-ize the bridge, cut the terraces (or round them out a bit), and it could work pretty well, actually.
Essentially, gut the features that make it painfully obvious.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
It's kind of scary that it works so well even as-is.  Who knew?

Offline Terminator

• Just another guy...
I've been able to locate Darth_Maul's original model and textures aswell as Dark's reskin. If needed I can send them to someone if you want to work on them a bit.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Darth_Maul's original model and textures...

Did you know that these were done in the early days of FS1, where virtually no modeling had ever been done for the game? And that "Darth_Maul" came out of nowhere, dropped off those models, vanished back into nowhere, and was never heard from again? And that the models were compiled using Volition's BSPGen POF generator?
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Terminator

• Just another guy...
I stumbled on that knowledge last night when I was searching for the files. The link on the old VWatch archives didn't work so I had to sift through a few years of history on the HLP forums to find them.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
And that the models were compiled using Volition's BSPGen POF generator?
BSPGen? Interesting...

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Darth_Maul's original model and textures...

Did you know that these were done in the early days of FS1, where virtually no modeling had ever been done for the game? And that "Darth_Maul" came out of nowhere, dropped off those models, vanished back into nowhere, and was never heard from again? And that the models were compiled using Volition's BSPGen POF generator?

I always just assumed he was one of the [V] modellers who'd had some spare time one day. Real shame nobody did more with 'em back when they were new and awesome - it's amazing it's taken as long as it has and we're still so far away from any kind of SW in FS.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp