Author Topic: The Last Hurrah  (Read 12144 times)

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Or when they run out of bombs, then.

Offline Axel Wers

• I remember Descent: FreeSpace as a new game.
    • FreeSpace
Good god who created this stupid mission?

I played this about one year ago, I finished it, but really I don't remember how.

Now I am playing it again, but I am totally frustrated from this stupidity. I destroyed all Shivans, pilots say "All done". When I depart I get failure debriefing. But when I stay in mission huge EMP blast will disable my ship and unknown enemy frighters will destroy my ship.

I like surprise missions, but when surprise turns to stupidity it's so tiring. So, how to finish, damn it?!

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
You need to warp out after those fighters arrive. I believe one of your wingmen says "Recommend getting out of here, sir" or something like that.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Axel Wers

• FreeSpace
Yeah, it seems as wingman says that you must hit Alt-J immediately. Then you'll be redirected to red alert mission. Thanks.

Offline T-LoW

• Planet Earth is blue and theres nothing left to do
    • German Freespace-Galaxy
It's a nice feature and a problem simultaneously.

I appreciated the idea behind this event but was enraged, because (of course only once :p ) I had to replay the whole mission.

But in the end I liked the idea :yes:
The german Freespace-Galaxy

"There was a time before we were born. If someone asks this is where I'll be."

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I destroyed all Shivans, pilots say "All done". When I depart I get failure debriefing.
This should not happen.  You should be able to depart any time after your wingman says "All hostile targets have been eliminated, Command.  The area is clear." and the red-alert should trigger.

At what exact point did you hit Alt-J?

The frustration should be only because you stayed too late and got killed by GTI, not because you left too early and got a failure debriefing.

Offline Axel Wers

• FreeSpace
Hmm, happened me few times:

1. All Shivans destroyed, pilot says "All done".
2. Command didn't respond, wingmen wonder why.
3. Suddenly some new fighters arrive, Athena bombers and (probably) invisible Lokis
4. One wingman says something like: This is not good, Alpha one I recommend go out.
5. Immediately I hit Alt-J and Red Alert mission will starting
but...
after 4. point I have only few seconds time. If I wait more seconds, maybe 10, I CAN depart from area and I got failure debriefing.   Truly, happened me 3-4 times therefore I was angry. When I didn't departed huge EMP blast came and my ship got disabled.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
:bump:...

This appears to be a SCP bug and not a problem with ST:R itself.  A Mantis ticket has been posted: http://scp.indiegames.us/mantis/view.php?id=2466

If you could run additional testing on other red-alert missions, perhaps with FS2 retail, it might help narrow down the problem.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
was this mission tweaked in the new release?  i got through it before fine (after dying the first time to the EMP bomb), but now i get failure debriefing when i leave after the wingman suggests running.  however, pressing accept on the debrief screen put me through to the next red-alert mission, with a different fighter and loadout (a really ****ty one).  is this fixable or luck of the draw?
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
If you read the post directly above yours.. you would have seen that this is related to a code bug, not a mission bug.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
yes, i read that.  my point was this just started happening after having worked fine before.  no other red alerts ever have given me problems either.  i was curious if there was a recent change that might have triggered it.  or if anything new had been discovered since july.
I like to stare at the sun.