Author Topic: RELEASE: Stand Against the Night  (Read 13355 times)

Offline mr.WHO

Re: RELEASE: Stand Against the Night
D1Victory is from Half - Life 2.

D3Normal (just like rest of D3 battle parts) is from Bangkok Dangerous OST - Track 29 "Compount Shooting". Mainhall is track number 01 from this OST.

Could someone Highlight this topic coz it looks like feedback process is a bit too slow and I plan to have full version till summer.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 03:03:40 pm by mr.WHO »

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
Finished it today. Can't post much now though. Anyway, there were some errors ( like the RTB directives appearing as complete ), grammar/style at some cases, the fighters should be further balanced, retail weapon effects, my nitpicking on the GTVA stuff used by the Coalition, and the photon primary weapon not working. Oh, and no afterburner effects on the mission 2 fighter. And the EMP is very annoying. But overall, I liked it. Might help with the modpack later, if you want.

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
D1Victory is from Half - Life 2.

Which is a coincidence, why haven't given you any feedback so far is because I have been hooked on Half-Life 2, ep 1, 2, Lost Coast and a mod called Minerva - Metastasis. My apologies for this and I'll get back to you soon, took a week off and have been playing games non-stop. My wife has bought me some games that I'm obliged to play, you know what it's like when somebody you love buy's you games you think that you'd like, sometimes they surprise you, get a little known classic that didn't make the the majority cut., but no luck so far!  :o

But you're on my list of "To play!" list, I swear!

Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
What do you think about passing small ships from mission to mission via bonus objective ??

It's a good concept.

Still think the campaign overall needed more proofreading though, your spellchecker betrayed you a couple of times at least.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

The Jackal interceptor is buggy as all hell.  The afterburners don't recharge; once you use them, they're effectively gone.  The guns recharge at an absolute crawl.  The speed is nice, until you want to get on something's tail; then you better chop throttle or you'll ram it.   :lol:  Meanwhile,
Spoiler:
what's with deploying a corvette and cruiser to take on a Lucifer?  You want a destroyer at the least.  Especially since the corvette is going to get wrecked; the Lucifer's front beam cannons are invulnerable until it arrives, so you can't destroy them before they take a big chunk out of the ship.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 05:28:06 pm by Renegade Paladin »
"Courage is the complement of fear.  A fearless man cannot be courageous.  He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

Offline mr.WHO

The Jackal afterburners recharge time is intentional :) You want super fast ship then you have to live with this penalty, however it is so fast that you don't have to use them so often as for normal fighters.

About guns recharge - don't use Prometheus I, it's good but it eat energy like Americans eat hamburgers :) , use Shredder coz it use almost no energy.

Lucifer guns aren't invunerable, they are...shielded - once they suffer enough dammage (which you can't do with your small inteceptor by yourself) they will start to loose HP.  You can dammage them once Iota and Delta will overcharge those shields ( and those are normal shields, NOT scripted by FRED).

Okay.  I've just noticed that I can sit there shooting at them (including with the huge, slow-firing railcannon, whatever it's called, that deals some 20% of the front cannon's HP in one go) and they won't take damage until after the corvette shows up in front of it.  As soon as that corvette comes out of subspace, I can hurt it, but not a moment before. 
"Courage is the complement of fear.  A fearless man cannot be courageous.  He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

Offline mr.WHO

That's because Corvette opening volley overload shields.

Offline Mad Bomber

• Booooom
I like this and the combat mechanics therein. Lots of interesting new tactics to be employed by both fighters and capships. I was a little annoyed with myself that I lost a cruiser in the third mission, but oh well.

BTW, in contrast to what people are saying, I was able to take down the Lucy's shields and harm her turrets. Those Thunder EMP missiles are very effective antishield weapons.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 02:35:23 pm by Mad Bomber »
"What the hell!? I've got a Snuffleupagus on my scanners! The Snuffleupagus is active!"

Offline mr.WHO

Those Thunder EMP missiles are very effective antishield weapons.

Glad someone noticed :)

Offline eliex

I liked the campaign very much, and especially good choice of music.
Probably I'm just repeating what other members have written, but I'll say that you need to weed out the nitpicky errors, especially the dialogues at some points. A bit of balancing here and there, but nothing to much and please fix the photon primary.

Other than that, 'twas brilliant.  :yes:

Offline mr.WHO

please fix the photon primary

This one is rather complicated and possible workaround is very uncomfortable but I hope that full version will have proper photon.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I see you're using some of my ships. It always gives me a warm feeling when people find good use for my stuff :)

Good demo. Loved it so far.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

The new models are dazzling and the concept is fresh. Good Work!

I would only complain about the chaotic changes in music pacing. The custom musci is good but it needs a bit more work with the .tbl or proper scripting in mission to make it sound less hectic, and serve the atmosphere by psyching the player up for combat, Forced Entry style...

Keep up the good work mr.WHO!

I must admit TM that the TI Bretonia is a sexy beast.(that your right?)

I seem to have ran the mod without problems with the radar icons up to mission 2.

Offline mr.WHO

I would only complain about the chaotic changes in music pacing. The custom musci is good but it needs a bit more work with the .tbl or proper scripting in mission to make it sound less hectic, and serve the atmosphere by psyching the player up for combat, Forced Entry style...

Yup, I read about music.tbl at Freespace Wiki and...didn't  understand a damn thing :(

Quote from: mr.WHO
Yup, I read about music.tbl at Freespace Wiki and...didn't  understand a damn thing

Neither did I,  try experimenting or setting Samples per measure to 1(i think) to make one consistent track of the sound file you're using.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Could you guys then post in the FreeSpace Wiki forum and be more specific about the music.tbl article's problems?
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline LoneFan

Link is dead, please re-post.  :hopping: I want this one!

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Link is dead, please re-post.  :hopping: I want this one!
Aye, was going to try but can't
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Let me second the demand for this campaign...

If anyone still has it please upload it to the freespacemods.net!
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."