Author Topic: Music download  (Read 14659 times)

Offline eliex

Offline mFuSE

• http://mfuse.ads-gilde.net/
yes, the music/sounds used in blueplanet are amazing!

I like especially orchestral themes like the briefing Nr.09 track, but the ingame music choices for a space sim like freespace are quite good as they are^^

Just opened up the VP and made myself a nice playlist of Blue Planet in WMP. Was pretty easy, just had to install an Ogg codec. Listening to Aim now as I type this. It's GREAT stuff!  :yes:

Darius seriously has a knack for applying music from the most random sources (Dune and Advent Children? Really???) and fitting them perfectly elsewhere. Blue Planet is like Goodfellas in that regard. I vote we make Darius the Scorcese of HLP.  :D

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Get Audacity, Javito: http://audacity.sourceforge.net

It reads WAV and OGG files, but if you add LAME into it, it becomes an OGG-MP3 converter-editor-player. ;)
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

What's the battle music in "Preserving the Balance," mission 14?  Listening through the uploaded tracks, it doesn't appear to be any of them, unless my ears seriously deceive me.
"Courage is the complement of fear.  A fearless man cannot be courageous.  He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

Offline Darius

Yeah, the online folder pretty much contains the soundtrack files merged together into single songs, since it's not readily available from the VP. As far as I know, extracting the song from the VP should be enough to play it externally (+/- converting to MP3 or other format).

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Well, they're OGG files, so Winamp, WinLAME and XMPlay can open them. Audacity can open and modify them, as well as export them into MP3 format if equipped with LAME.
My blog

MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline azile0

• Resident Trekkie
Upload aim to that folder, so more people can have access to it, especially people who heard the song when I put it in my my YouTube movie but don't play Freespace.
You get one chocolate chip.

. <--- There it is.

Self-proclaimed master of the Keypad.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Do you have the original Razorback track? This one is cut off for use in FS2.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Darius left all the nice bits intact, though, so I actually prefer Razorback to Those Who Fight Further.
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline Darius

Aim has been uploaded to the folder.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Darius left all the nice bits intact, though, so I actually prefer Razorback to Those Who Fight Further.
What? Those two songs aren't the same, if I'm listening to the right track.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I believe Darius made Razorback by remixing Those Who Fight Further.

Offline Darius

If by remixing you mean cutting out some parts and leaving the rest.

EDIT: Those Who Fight Further

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
My blog

MP-Ryan

Either way, Razorback has definitely defined itself as an awesome battle track and i personally like it more than where it came from originally =P

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I agree. Those Who Fight Further is kind of lame.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I wouldn't say it was lame, Battuta. More like drawn-out, noisy and boring, in my opinion. Razorback does the whole song justice by removing all the boring bits and keeping (and looping?) the best parts intact. :)
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
So it's not lame, it's just lame?

Thanks for posting!