Author Topic: The sun sets in a blaze of three red lights, forever blinking  (Read 3960 times)

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Re: The sun sets in a blaze of three red lights, forever blinking
Umm... I know Micorsoft's support for these problems is a frst class act, but am I alone in thinking that this random FUBAR-ification shouldnt be anywhere near as commonplace as it is?  That's the reason i never got a 360, 16 of 20 people i personally know with 360's have had multiple RRoD's, even with 2 of them using the 360 Elite, which supposedly fixed all hardware issues. :S
Not all of the Elites were on the revised board that solved the problems.

As to why this all happened...I'm sure it has something to do with Microsoft rushing to release a year earlier than the competition.  They were taking a page from Sony's PS2 playbook but launching first and trying to dominate the market.  It sort of worked except the Wii came from left field where nobody was looking.  Unfortunately I think they didn't do their testing and they have waaaay over the normal failure rate for the hardware.

Still I've quite enjoyed my 360.  Its a very functional console and the software side is (almost ironically) quite good these days.  Sony has the 360 matched in pretty much every category and beats them in a few others but they didn't get to launch first and their console still costs significantly more in most markets.

The one thing I have to say I like better about the 360 is the controller...its not better in every way but I find ergonomically the 360 controller is quite a bit better.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline BS403

• I'm just sitting in my Cave.
My strength, my vision, my eternal survivor. For three long years, you have borne witness to so much. You have seen the salvation of entire races, and the deaths of countless thousands. You have plunged the depths of outer space, and probed the corners of cyberspace. For these long years, you have seen visions of glorious salvation, and unspeakable evil. These are the gifts for which you provided, asking none in return.

Through it all, you remained whole. Impervious. Stalwart in your infinitely complex design. Though you were of but the earliest construction, and contained within you so much pervasive weakness, you faltered not an inch. Your heart of green, I believed you to be immortal.

Alas, your life is at a twilight. As the setting sun blazes, so too does your thrice red heart. Forever blinking. You shall see no more battles, no more quests. Where once adventurers sought and conquerors plundered, there is now only silence. Darkness, marked only by your blinking heart. Forever blinking. Forever blinking.

Well, there you go. My old, reliable 360, almost three years old, just up and got bricked. Right as Fable 2 was getting interesting, too. Wanker. Anyway, I have to say that Microsoft customer support is actually pretty damn good. They sorted me out, got my details, and sent me instructions on getting it sent it to be repaired without any fuss at all. Free, too! Class act. Hopefully i'll be back up and running in a matter of weeks. Anyone else had 360 issues? I've got to admit, I must be in the vast minority with a very first gen system and only now have my first RRoD.

Fable 2 seems to do that to 360's a lot.  My friends 360 died the same way. his was also about 3 years old
http://woogleville.myminicity.com/

Homer: Aw, twenty dollars! I wanted a peanut!
Homer's Brain: Twenty dollars can buy many peanuts.
Homer: Explain how.
Homer's Brain: Money can be exchanged for goods and services.
Homer: Woo-hoo!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Mine blew up but I got a new one free. (that's how ****ed up mine was)

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
That is the pc gaming gods punishing you
rejoice in the fact you will no longer have to deal with the evilness that is console gaming

+1
...just out of curiosity, do you guys ever listen to yourselves talk? :p

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
PS controllers are very uncomfortable....