Author Topic: BP 3.6.10 (OLD)  (Read 44048 times)

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Um...still, exactly what is wrong? Sure you don't like the TC it reminds you of...but...? :wtf:
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Darius, the new blueplanet1.7z package you uploaded today is corrupted.

Offline Darius

Right. Repacking and reuploading.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
a note aside, for those who don't know how to make a mod.ini it would be nice if you release this one with that file included and also if you could add the .bmp image since I can't find it around.
(yeah I deleted the BP folder some time ago trying to save space and now I'm donwloading it again prior to WiH release)
el hombre vicio...

Offline Darius

Split the download into three parts. This is to make uploading and downloading updated table and pof files and fixed mission bugs a lot easier, and lessens the download burden for people who just want the latest tables, pofs and missions.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Since previous one big blueplanet1.vp is now split into three smaller pieces (blueplanet1root.vp, blueplanet1sound.vp and blueplanet1visual.vp), you need to delete blueplanet1.vp from your blueplanet folder.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
I don't know, it seems now a lot more stuff is messed up that didn't appear in the all-in-one .vp.
Examples, the game can't seem to find two specific ships anymore, fighter-to-fighter communications no longer play the appropriate beep, and on the first mission where you chase the Duke, EVERY message that appears plays the unintelligable transmission sound.

Second mission of the Duke pursuit series, messages play the incoming briefing text sound.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 07:47:14 pm by Commander Zane »

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Darius, I think we better check for bugs before we proceed with this splitting-VPs-up deal...

Although Zane, are you sure that isn't a product of the nightly build you're using? Didn't you have the same problem with Vega?

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Vega? I never downloaded that.
Could try using the RC3 release and see how that plays out.

Yeah, it doesn't like 3.6.11 releases it seems, on 3.6.10 RC3 nothing's going wonky.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 08:30:54 pm by Commander Zane »

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Examples, the game can't seem to find two specific ships anymore
happens here also in a couple of missions.

fighter-to-fighter communications no longer play the appropriate beep, and on the first mission where you chase the Duke, EVERY message that appears plays the unintelligable transmission sound.

Second mission of the Duke pursuit series, messages play the incoming briefing text sound.
possibly an error with build 5437, use RC3 or <a href="http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,64311.0.html
">this[/url] and you should have no trouble with that anymore.

also I'm getting nebulae and a weird looking sun in sol system, IIRC the original release was free of nebulae and the sun was yellow, was this changed to give it a better ambient?
(I think this was discused somewhere else but I can't seem to find it now to confirm)
el hombre vicio...

Offline Darius

Yep, the sun + nebula was added both for better ambience and to mirror how Sol in WiH was going to look (besides that, be boring to fight a campaign in a system of nothing but stars :P ).

Examples, the game can't seem to find two specific ships anymore
happens here also in a couple of missions.

Which missions is this coming up in for you, Commander Zane? Also, is this with a nightly build or a 3.6.10 build?

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Nightly build, it's good on RC3.

Not finding ships? First mission and the mission where the Duke is disabled.

Funny communication sounds? All of them.

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
Yep, the sun + nebula was added both for better ambience and to mirror how Sol in WiH was going to look (besides that, be boring to fight a campaign in a system of nothing but stars :P ).

That very much depends, can't you have the stars intensified in a strip to represent the Milky Way That would be interesting and also more mirror how the Sol system actually is, I don't know of any nebula in the Sol system that can be seen by the naked eye.  ;)
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Nightly build, it's good on RC3.

Not finding ships? First mission and the mission where the Duke is disabled.

Funny communication sounds? All of them.

It's a problem with the nightly.

Offline Darius

We'd probably need to have a look at it and see if it happens in the 3.6.11 release builds later down the track, since I'd like WiH to be compatible with .11 and by association, AoA as well.

I can´t download the files on mediafire. It say´s the files have been removed...?

Offline Darius

They've just been updated.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
FYI, looks like MediaFire somehow screwed up AoA root files upload, so the link doesn't work. Darius will fix it tomorrow.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
just saw this, universal truth has no debriefing if you loose.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Darius

Ok, give the download a try now.