Author Topic: Enlarged a model 150%, but shield was left behind in the process?  (Read 2297 times)

Enlarged a model 150%, but shield was left behind in the process?
I enlarged the GVB Petbe 150% to the correct Bomber size, edited all the guns and missile points. Re-did the thrusters, dock points etc. only to discover at the end the shield was still the same size as the original.

Will the PCS POF editor be updated to fix this? I think the only way to get this fixed besides the POF editor is in something like TrueSpace or 3DMax etc which I cannot do at the moment.

Anyone got an idea?

:D
Got Shivans? The SOC Ezechiel is the schnitzel! Don't leave base without it.

Offline Water

Re: Enlarged a model 150%, but shield was left behind in the process?
PCS2 can import the shield separately. No need to redo the whole model. Post the original shield.

I guess I was not clear in my first post. When I enlarged the model, I did it in PCS2 and did not do any importing of anything. Just the .pof model converted to a .cob, enlarged in PCS2, then back to a .pof file.

Here is the .pof file in question:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/gnmajjqnzly/Petbe2.zip

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
Fixed... Your welcome.

Took 20 secs in modelview to tweak.

[attachment deleted by evil Tolwyn]
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Then I suppose any glowpoints were deleted...

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
I guess I was not clear in my first post. When I enlarged the model, I did it in PCS2 and did not do any importing of anything. Just the .pof model converted to a .cob, enlarged in PCS2, then back to a .pof file.
Err, I'm assuming here that you mean you saved it as COB, changed PCS2's scaling factor and then opened that COB? That's a rather.....creative way to do it that it wasn't designed for, but it should work in theory. Kinda.

Well the test I just ran then imported the shield with the correct scales anyway. Are you doing like a global import from the original POF or something? That would have imported the old shield mesh, overiding the new larger one.
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline Getter Robo G

I didn't notice.

Regardless he can just import the new shield from it ANYWAY...
So at least make him do some work. :)

I already deleted it and don't feel like DL  it again to make the switch.

I did my 2 good deeds for the day.  ;)
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

I didn't notice.

Regardless he can just import the new shield from it ANYWAY...
So at least make him do some work. :)

I already deleted it and don't feel like DL  it again to make the switch.

I did my 2 good deeds for the day.  ;)

Perfect! A BIG thanks for that! And yes I did import the shield into my copy of the file.  :yes:

Screenies to come soon. ;)

Or not..
Seems FRED2 wont load the new enlarged model now.  :wtf:

I checked everything in the PCS2 and they appear to be OK to me. I even checked to make sure my Petbe-shp.tbm file was correct for the .pof name too.  :nervous:

Offline Getter Robo G

K I'll try to load the INITIAL model you uploaded and see what's up and take it from there. See if I can't get it in game also.

EDIT: There is a problem with the mesh you uploaded. I dropped it in my existing test mission, the one I just tested my last twenty conversions in, and while it loaded in the tech room, it froze on the first light bar hard lock...

Since I am not a modeler and do not have that original OTT mesh (I deleted the ones that didn't inspire me along with thier maps from the OTT folder) I have no clue what to do with it, sorry...

« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 11:11:09 am by Getter Robo G »

Thanks for the help. I'll back track and see if I can figure out what I must have done.

U huh....I see what I forgot. When I went to enlarge the original .pof file, I got the error message "Uncorrectable  Geometry encountered" three times before it loaded. I assume that's the reason it will not load into Fred2.  :mad:

Since it was the original file found in the Inferno release, I'm at loss as what I should do.

Anyone got an opinion on this?  :D

Offline Water

Thanks for the help. I'll back track and see if I can figure out what I must have done.
You didn't cause the problem (unless you modeled it) Detail 0 has manifold errors which were replicated to detail 1 and 2. The shield mesh looks like it was designed to protect just the engine area - redone to cover the whole ship.

[attachment deleted by evil Tolwyn]

Thanks for that. :) However, when I went to import it into an existing model, the mesh is HUGE! Big enough for a Cruiser. I'll check to see how big it's in Fred2 soon.

Offline Water

Thanks for that. :) However, when I went to import it into an existing model, the mesh is HUGE! Big enough for a Cruiser. I'll check to see how big it's in Fred2 soon.
Well the ship dimensions are 97h 75w and 64d in pof. The cob file would be the same size (1 to 1). Check PCS's model info on your end, if the numbers are different then you may need to grab a calculator for the import scale factor.