Author Topic: Model Update - Been Busy  (Read 5787 times)

Re: Model Update - Been Busy
To me DeepExploration is a severely terrible option. Why? Key word... Trial. I expect  to be working longer than a mere 30 days on other projects. I'd rather circumvent Truespace altogether. Due to that UV issue you mentioned. Well if all else fails I could try installing my legit 3DS Max 7 but... well... as we all know the exporter isn't 100% reliable. I could try Collada then.

EDIT:

Some outline quick sketches I did for what I want to do to the Typhoon Cruiser and the brand new completely redesigned Hurricane Heavy Cruiser.

So big they couldn't fit on the paper.

Hurricane top, Typhoon Bottom. Hurricane is 6km long and Typhoon is 3. Hurricane now has beam turrets as opposed to solely plasma weaponry. Here is the OLD hurricane pic.

These ships DO have the engine pods. I didn't want them to obscure the bodies in the drawings. Special update on the Hurricane includes 8, not 4 engine pods. The thing is a gargantuan behemoth and needs more than 4 :P.

The Hurricane was once solely a cap ship killer. It is now more multirole, having a large hangar and significant point defense mounts. It's main cap ship weapons are two twin barreled ion cannons, can kill anything smaller than a destroyer in a single salvo, forward slasher beams on the nose, and a good deal of heavy plasma cannons. I can't wait to make it.

The redesign is mostly to make the faction look more aggressive. These aren't your normal human faction. In many games humans are described as being very diplomatic or technologically innovative. This faction is a sort of antithesis of that, relatively retro but still highly advanced inside technology and a very aggressive stance towards others. Not really warlike but as the saying goes:

"We didn't start this war but we will end it."
This is the Homeworlder version:
"We didn't start this war but we will end it in the most brutal manner imaginable."

And I gotta deliver this style in visual means X_X. So yeah... I got my work cut out for myself.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 09:49:33 pm by Vengence »
I have created a masterpiece.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
oh hell yeah! nice models you got ^^
el hombre vicio...

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Damn that looks so awesome.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel
To me DeepExploration is a severely terrible option. Why? Key word... Trial. I expect  to be working longer than a mere 30 days on other projects. I'd rather circumvent Truespace altogether. Due to that UV issue you mentioned. Well if all else fails I could try installing my legit 3DS Max 7 but... well... as we all know the exporter isn't 100% reliable. I could try Collada then.

Well, that's why i use lithunwrap, and it only takes a minute to load the model, assign the texture/ uv and save it as *.cob.
Never had any problems with models that way.

The models are really cool, me likes. :)

I was having a severe problem skinning the model recently. Something just seemed very very wrong, and it seems I didn't do the bump map first. Well I am working on it now. If you don't know what that means or implies, having the bumpmap down prevents me from trying to make the diffuse map look bumpy itself.

Still I am having problems texturing the diffuse map. Any help on making it look awesome is welcome.
I have created a masterpiece.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
I think it looks bloody ****ing awesome already. :D

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Looks nice, although some of the details you've put in the exposed parts of the engine look kind of noisy. That is, the detail is so small compared to the texels that it might be lost easily.

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
Hello....

Non-trial version...

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/karajorma/FAQ/Downloads/3DExplorer_v181.rar

The Freespace Oracle (Karajorma) is your friend... I use 1.833 myself.  :P
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)