Author Topic: So what's the plot?  (Read 4862 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
So what's the plot?
I've only played Halo 1 and 2 (Don't own a X-Box so I'll probably be waiting a few years for 3) but I was wondering if there is a plot line already worked out for this mod. And if so, which games it covers.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Re: So what's the plot?
Apparently it starts off before the Covenant...

According to the Wiki, it's split up into several chapters or something. Though with the new leadership and all I suppose that's probably going to change.

Offline shiv

• Don't forget Poland!
  • FRED me!
    • http://freespace.pl
I've got a bit diffrent question. Is there a Halo for PC?
http://www.sectorgame.com/vega
The Apocalypse Vega - Join the battle! A campaign for FreeSpace 2 Open

http://www.game-warden.com/earthdefence
Earth Defense project - Coming soon...

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Halo 1 and 2 are out for the PC. Halo 2 requires Vista officially but can quite easily be hacked to work on XP.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline starlord

devrous pretty much had a campaign plan worked out, and it seems it followed during the whole HALO timeline. Furthermore, he had plans for a parallel campaign involving the precursor question... Great opportunities here!

Offline Narvi

If it's set before Covenant first contact, then it'll probably be set during the colony wars. You know. The wars between the UNSC and its colonies.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
devrous pretty much had a campaign plan worked out, and it seems it followed during the whole HALO timeline. Furthermore, he had plans for a parallel campaign involving the precursor question... Great opportunities here!
Wow, now why the hell doesn't he post anymore!

Offline aurora_energy

• Adrift in the never ending void
Cool so in short it will probably be made into a series of campaigns set throughout the Halo timeline including after, before and during the games and books settings. Not to mention further oppertunities once ODST and Reach come out. I was thinking maybe we could as well as have a series of campaigns which work timeline wise we could also have some campaigns or even single missions which are incorperated into the Halo games and books, such as the space battle above The Ark in Halo 3, and I don't know how but prehaps even the battle above the Artifact on earth in Halo 3, and then even missions such as when the Helljumper in ODST jumps.

I was thinking it would be cool to also have campains running parralell to the campains for FSH, but for various sides of the covernment, so we not only have campains on the UNSC but also on the Covernment and prehaps the Elites when they break apart from the Covernment.

Can't wait to see betas ;)
Imagine awakening, and hearing the heartbeat of the galaxy for the first time.
It is like a cloud, a mist that drifts from living creature to creature, set in motion by currents and eddies.
It is the eye of the storm, the passions of all living things turned into energy, into a chorus.
It is the rising swell at the end of life, the promise of new territories and new blood, the call of new mysteries in the dark.

Any updates worth noting?