Author Topic: E-Wing (DReim Series - Complete)  (Read 64747 times)

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Its existence, or Brand's re-imagining of it?  Because the cannon itself is canon.  (Feel free to sigify this post for reference of cannon vs canon)
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline aRaven

i meant the design of the reimagined cannon, not the existence of the cannon itself :).

Offline jacek

Nice job Brand-X  ;)

I think the real strength of the e-wing was how tough it looked. The toughness was achieved through narrow, tall fuselage. Felt like a wall. I also find the canon cannon (on top) integrated better with the fighter, sort of emerging from the body rather than being grafted on.

Otherwise, it looks great! Very Battlestar Galactica.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 05:29:28 pm by bobbtmann »

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
    • Fate of the Galaxy: The Star Wars Conversion for Freespace
The problem I always found with the E-Wing was indeed the narrow fuselage.  It's so skinny that a pilot can't actually physically fit inside.

Also I never liked the sloping design of that top cannon, also it puts the barrel too close to the cockpit, and being as my version of the cockpit is raised slightly, it just plain wouldn't fit at all, hence why I had it on a pylon like the other cannons and like the X-Wing, it's predecessor.
Former Senior Modeler, Texturer and Content Moderator (retired), Fate of the Galaxy
"I love your wrong proportions--too long, no, wait, too short
I love you with a highly symbolic torpedo up the exhaust port"
-swashmebuckle's ode to the transport

Offline brandx0

• The Angriest Angel.
    • Fate of the Galaxy: The Star Wars Conversion for Freespace
And another update for everyone here:

Former Senior Modeler, Texturer and Content Moderator (retired), Fate of the Galaxy
"I love your wrong proportions--too long, no, wait, too short
I love you with a highly symbolic torpedo up the exhaust port"
-swashmebuckle's ode to the transport

I just love how you made the wings connect to the fuselage. It makes it look like they fold up when in the hangar for storage. Do you have other angles to show though? This one is very similar to the last one perspective-wise.

Its existence, or Brand's re-imagining of it?  Because the cannon itself is canon.  (Feel free to sigify this post for reference of cannon vs canon)
I think you should make that your custom title, "knows difference between cannon and canon."

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
I think you should make that your custom title, "knows difference between cannon and canon."

In general, it's not something done by request. I think one of the few exceptions was when Rico got his changed to something other than "pees into the wind".

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Actually the blunt nose from that angle makes me think of the ARC-170.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

In general, it's not something done by request. I think one of the few exceptions was when Rico got his changed to something other than "pees into the wind".
This is true, but so few actually know the proper meaning of canon. Ehh, whatever.

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Yeah requesting a title (or even just pointing out the lack of a title) ends up getting you a title like I have now, and I don't have the power to give out custom titles, just Admins.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Offline aRaven

is there a rear window at the end of the top cannon?

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
If anything it looks like the rear window would be below the top cannon, under that little shelf.

Very nice.

What TIEs are you thinking of doing?
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Two variants each of the TIE Fighter and TIE Interceptor, TIE Bomber, maybe the x1 and who knows what else.

First, I love the new design. Seems significantly deadlier than the old model. My only (minor) concern is that it's a little too much "R" in the DReim...
It's almost difficult to tell that it's definitely an E-Wing at first glance. Maybe it'll look different flying by at 100mglt, or I could just be recovering from awesomeness shock, but that was just my first impression.

Oh, and for old times sake, the dimensions are waaay off :)

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Anyone else think this wouldn't look out of place in Diaspora? It's been screaming "Viper" at me since I first saw it.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Oddly enough, I haven't been seeing that.  I don't know, the big fat rocket engines, the laser cannons all over, the wing struts, it screams E-wing to me.  Although maybe the original E-wing was inspired by old school Vipers, cause there's a bit of a resemblance between them too.

Offline swashmebuckle

• Das Lied von der Turd
    • The Perfect Band
Considering how freely the original BSG "borrowed" from SW, I think it's only fitting that the E-wing and Viper are rather similar.  They are both X-wings but with the top s-foils either whacked off or bent up and combined into a tail.  Also they are both awesome.

Offline darkone

• Space Sims will NEVER DIE
    • Space Sim Central
There is some great modeling talent working on this. Granted i'm easy to please and think it looks great. It's nice to have some original ties to the series but it is also good to make your make and have small tweaks to the fighters to make your game standalone.