Author Topic: Overlord II  (Read 1081 times)

Offline TESLA

• 1.21 gigawatts!
After watching the trailer, I think it could be a good laugh so im thinking of buying it.

But im wondering, has anyone here played it yet? Or more to the point is their any base-building in it? Love some base building ;)

cant seem to find an answer, currently downloading a demo, but with my current bog-band internet connection, that could take a long while!
In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced
to talk to God.

There are three types of people in this world: those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what happened.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
I liked Overlord 1, though it got a bit too difficult at the end. If it's anything like the original then there is base-building, but not like RTS games, it's more like 'Home Decorating' than anything else, you can buy extensions/enhancements to your Dark Tower.

The best part of Overlord 1 was the comedy value, ordering your minions to go attack a field of sunflowers was an experience not to be missed, hopefully Overlord 2 will keep that atmosphere to it, it certainly looks that way.

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
After watching the trailer, I think it could be a good laugh so im thinking of buying it.

But im wondering, has anyone here played it yet? Or more to the point is their any base-building in it? Love some base building ;)

cant seem to find an answer, currently downloading a demo, but with my current bog-band internet connection, that could take a long while!

The first one was better. The only things this one has that the other one didn't is that the controls seem to be more refined. Other than that, everything favors the other. The story is kind of "meh...", gameplay seems to be somewhat less entertaining due to the less variety of enemies, levels, etc. and finally it's fairly short, especially by the first's standards.

Just so that we're clear, it's an entertaining game on its own right. Just don't expect it to be better than the first one.

P.S.
I hate having to search for a limited amount of upgrade items. At least the first game had the "decency" of asking for a ludicrous number of fairly common items.
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...