Author Topic: 3.6.9 server a couple of questions etc  (Read 1957 times)

Offline captain-custard

• previously known as andicirk
  • one sandwich short of a picnic
3.6.9 server a couple of questions etc
sorry started a new one because i couldnt decise where to put this ...

so here goes ,

will the 3.6.9 server still be supported when 3.6.10 goes final or will this be slowly phased out ?

also would it be possible somehow to get a message up on the 3.6.9 server telling ppl about the 3.6.10 side of the game , atm there seem to be about 10 ppl who show up on there from time to time who do not play the 3.6.10 side of the game , so just a little direction towards here as such

thanks
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
Re: 3.6.9 server a couple of questions etc
Support for 3.6.9 had already ended actually, the servers are only still running because 3.6.10 hasn't gone final yet (I planned on taking them off-line earlier this year originally).  The 3.6.9 servers will go off-line when the new SquadWar support gets officially released, or Novemeber 1st of this year, whichever happens to come first.

When the updated version of the current website goes live (no ETA right now, as soon as I can do it though) it will have have a message on there for 3.6.9 server daemons that they are no longer supported and to move to the 3.6.10 daemons instead.  And once the new server/website code (that goes with FSO 3.6.10 final) goes live then I'm probably going to post a sticky in the forums about the 3.6.9 servers going off-line in a few months as well.

Offline captain-custard

• previously known as andicirk
  • one sandwich short of a picnic
Re: 3.6.9 server a couple of questions etc
thanks taylor
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."