Author Topic: [RELEASE] - Friends and Foes: Retribution  (Read 8360 times)

Re: [RELEASE] - Friends and Foes: Retribution
Hey guys, sorry for answering so late, but life is keeping me really busy right now.

So THX Novachen for answering here. Hope it works for you now, CapellaGoBoom...

@ perihelion: Since I have absolutely no clue about linux, I'm not sure if I can be a great help here. Maybe Knossos release thread is a better option?

For everyone who's interested: This mod is NOT dead, I learned a lot about Fredding the last months and will go and fix minor errors of this mod in the future, as well as keep working on the successor. But since I'm becoming a father the 2nd time in a few months from now, we're moving into a bigger house soon and the new job still taking a lot of time, it might take until the middle of 2020 until I can free up enough time to work on it on a greater scale.

Offline starlord

Maybe a video play through could rouse up interest?

I'm sure a video playthrough would be welcome~

Offline Darius

Friends and foes got featured on SGJ's month of freespace 2, which is a good starting point. Hopefully will interest more people into playing the mod

Oh this is so cool  ;7

In the mission file 7-Sunrise, the Akebono's class is given as "UEFg Karuna MK2", which causes the mission to not load
or an error message when the subsystem "rotatora" isn't found on the Ulysses she defaults to.
Setting the class to "UEFg Karuna" fixed that. I've attached the patched vp, if someone could re-upload it?

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter
Mhh.. that is actually a tricky one. Because there is a Karuna MK2 in Blue Planet Complete. But it is not called so in the tables (anymore?). The ship class is called Karuna#MK2 actually.

I am really not sure if this one should be a Karuna MK2 or Karuna MK1 in the campaign. Because the Akebono is a Karuna MK1 in the fourth mission only, but it is classified as MK2 in mission 7 and 12...

EDIT:
After i took a look in some other data i got from bomb3rman a while ago, i am quite certain now, that the Akebono is intended to be a Karuna#MK2.

EDIT2:
Uploaded the Karuna fix.

As the manual installation version from the opening post is based upon an older Blue Planet Complete version, you also can still download manually in the BPC release thread, this fix should not be really needed for the mod.ini version.
If i am wrong, you can post a reply and i will offer a manual downloadable patch aswell for the time being until the next official release of F&FR.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 10:54:27 am by Novachen »
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.

Responsible for the german translation project FreiRaum - FreeSpace auf Deutsch.
Also responsible for the Nova Upgrade Project, which upgrades and fix older campaigns to make them play- and solveable again with current builds and MediaVPs.

Release List:
German Translations:
Awakenings, Between the Ashes 1, Deneb III, FreeSpace 2 (in development), FreeSpace Port, Silent Threat: Reborn & The Destiny of Peace

Nova Upgrades:
A Walk in the Sun, Into the Halls of Valhalla, Luyten Civil War, Renegade Resurgence, Revenge: Final Conflict (in development), Rogues!, Shadow Genesis (de-facto), Storm Front Saga, The Deuterium Connection, Venice Mirror & What If: Another Great War

Thank you, Novachen, for your Support. Looks like an updated version of blue Planet complete is giving some trouble here. During the next week, i will try to create a non-bp-dependant version. This might rise up the size of the download, but most of the problems should be gone after that.

And yeah, the Akebono was intended to be an MK2. (though right now I'm a bit unsure if the MK2s were already available that early in the war... But hey, artistic freedom, I guess).
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 12:42:39 am by bomb3rman »