Author Topic: changing language  (Read 6579 times)

Offline JW10000

Only the training missions are in German, the next mission is in English. Did I do something wrong?

Offline -Norbert-

Do you mean the briefing or the ingame voices?
Because if I remember correctly, the german version of FS1 (and FS2) only had the command briefings and ingame-scenes with voices.

If you have the ingame messages in german and the briefings in english I'd say the german voice-files override the english ones, but since there are no german ones for briefings the game playes the english ones there.

Offline JW10000

The briefing missions are English, the ingame voices are only in the training missions German.
The other ingame voices are English.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Oh, I forgot -- voc.vp only contains briefing voice files.  You'll have to extract the in-mission voice files from some other VP (I forget which one; maybe freespace.vp).  Put them in data\voice\special.

Offline JW10000

Thanks, I'll try it.

Edit:

It worked, the briefing is English because there's no German briefing but the ingame-voices are German now.Thanks for your help.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 07:49:53 am by JW10000 »

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
You're welcome.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Ah, we can fix that too! Just rename the 'Briefing' folder to 'Briefings' and you're all set.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...