Author Topic: Music: Sunstorm  (Read 2197 times)

Offline blackhole

• Still not over the rainbow
  • Destiny can suck it
    • Black Sphere Studios
Finished a while ago, but I might as well post it. I'm getting sick and tired of my techno style, but this is a very well designed and produced piece even if it lacks inspiration, so I'm sort of half proud of it. Maybe. :p

Sunstorm - Erik McClure

Offline eliex

Had a listen - probably the second best out of Renascent behind "Now."  :yes:

Offline Enigmatic Entity

• Exemplar Essayer
  • Amigo ad infinitum.
I think you should try something different now - you've got a lot of "techno" stuff now that seems to lack some of the "emotional qualities" that some songs in your previous albums had. Not that they're bad, I just like emotional songs of a particular type... :tongue:

By the way, do you ever use modified versions of some of the original Sytrus pre-sets in FL? Because I got surprised and slightly excited when I heard a few that sounded very similar... I'm still trying to decide whether to start my synths from scratch or use some modified ones...

edit: oops, spelling mistake... :nervous:
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 09:56:39 pm by Enigmatic Entity »
Juvenescence and multifariousness is eternal.

Offline blackhole

• Destiny can suck it
    • Black Sphere Studios
I think you should try something different now - you've got a lot of "techno" stuff now that seems to lack some of the "emotional qualities" that some songs in your previous albums had.

That's why I said I was sick of my techno style - its all purdy sounding but its got no feeling. Unfortunately changing genres is proving very difficult.

By the way, do you ever use modified versions of some of the original Sytrus pre-sets in FL?
Everything was done from scratch.

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
mmm smells like the 80s :-P
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

I love this one (like most of your work :))

Offline blackhole

• Destiny can suck it
    • Black Sphere Studios
I love this one (like most of your work :))

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
It's a pity you abandoned the type, as you seem to have about perfected it. :P
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline aurora_energy

• Adrift in the never ending void
Nah I think Eric has got the right idea. He hit it spot on and thus now he needs time to properly express himself as an artist does. Something techno is either impossible or very very very difficult to do!
Imagine awakening, and hearing the heartbeat of the galaxy for the first time.
It is like a cloud, a mist that drifts from living creature to creature, set in motion by currents and eddies.
It is the eye of the storm, the passions of all living things turned into energy, into a chorus.
It is the rising swell at the end of life, the promise of new territories and new blood, the call of new mysteries in the dark.