Author Topic: Strange little targeting reticule  (Read 5472 times)

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: Strange little targeting reticule
I tried to do achieve that (by changing the hook to $On HUD Draw) but that didn't work.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I think it's kind of a useless feature to begin with, at least for retail FS2 gameplay.  The game's flight model is non-Newtonian enough that, at least generally speaking, where one's ship is pointed is the direction in which one is traveling.  I could see it being useful for something like TBP or Diaspora, but it doesn't do much more than unnecessarily clutter up the HUD for the FS flight model.  I'm not really sure why someone thought having something like this in an always-on state was a good idea.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
An ability to turn it off in Options or through "HUD" in the features tab of the Launcher or something would be appreciated.

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Disabler file now in the release post under Known Issues.
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline Nighteyes

I don't get what this thing does? does it fix the red target lead indicator for the chase camera? if so I'm all for it, but maybe just enabling it for that view...

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
The thing shows your true flight direction on the hud as due forces (explosion blasts, collisions), dampening effects (inertia) and gliding the flight direction often deviates from the nose direction
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline Nighteyes

So basically I need to get this new indicator to line up with the red lead indicator, can be very useful for chase cam  :yes:

It's kinda neat, but still, it should disappear when there's no HUD - either in cutscenes or Shift-O.

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
It also shows (to my great annoyance) that the main gun reticule is off-center. This has always been true, I guess, but having a separate indicator that matches the path of my shots BETTER (assuming I'm flying straight) proves it. :)

Offline Qent

The flight path indicator has nothing to do with chase cam and nothing to do with which way your guns are pointing.

I'm still trying to get the main crosshair centered.