Author Topic: Concerning ai_profiles.tbl  (Read 1296 times)

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Concerning ai_profiles.tbl
I've noticed that unknown entries in ai_profiles.tbl are ignored by both 3.6.10 and .11 alike. This seems to result in that neither of those will complain if there is a typo or something in a flag, it's just ignored and mod developers may not even notice it unless it's some really obvious change. This is obviously different from all other tbls, where anything unrecognized is given an error.

I wonder if this ai_profiles.tbl behavior could be changed in .11, or would that break something?

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: Concerning ai_profiles.tbl
This is definitely something the debug builds should be warning about at the very least.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
I've noticed a few other areas that are totally lacking any checking at table parse as well.  There was one in the Diaspora weapon_exp.tbl or fireball.tbl for ever and no one noticed.  Can't remember what the other one was right now but I keep thinking it's either armor types or target priority groups. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Didn't I file a bug for the same behavior in the custom hud guages table?  If not I meant to.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays