Author Topic: Huds For FSPort  (Read 2937 times)

Offline Macfie

• If somebody made a campaign I've probably got it
I've modified some HUD tables for use with FSPort.  They are set up for 1440 x 900 (16:10) The file would go in the FSPort-Mediavp/data/tables folder.  You may have to create the tables folder.  To use the file rename the file to "Hud_Gauges.tbl" and put it in FSPort-Mediavp/data/table folder.
There are two HUDs:
a standard that is just the FS1 HUD file modified (Attached file and screen shot)
and a custom based of of E's custom HUD (Attached file and screen shot)

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 01:04:05 pm by Macfie »
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
The difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers is:
Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Offline Kolgena

Does someone have a table of the FSPort HUD coordinates used by default? I'd like a copy of that if at all possible.

Offline Macfie

You can extract the Hud_Gauges.tbl from the mv_fsport.vp file in FSPort-mediaVPs.  This would have all the original locations.
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Offline SC4RY_Z0MB13

• To trust is sometimes to surrender.
I have attached the ORIGINAL FSPort 3.2 Hud gauge coordinates. The fullscreen settings are awesome.

Using these settings in the anything widescreen and the gauges are misplaced.

You can see a picture of it in this post

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=72205.msg1439067#msg1439067

A download for an updated tbl file with some corrections has been uploaded by Macfie here

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=72205.msg1447196#msg1447196

--Whether true or false, what is said about men often has as much influence on their lives, and particularly on their destinies, as what they do.
--Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right.

Offline Kolgena

Thanks!
However, that's not quite what I need. I'm looking for the original coordinates (for HUDs before the HUD builds) that should be based on a 1024x768 (or was it some other tiny 4:3), not 1440x900. The default HUD_gauges has been gimped like that since the latest Port release, so maybe what I'm looking for is hardcoded or something into the older builds? I have no clue.

(As an offtopic, does the code now allow for G and E energy bars to be nicely beside each other in cases where S is absent in subspace or earlier missions? I could probably check myself, but I thought I'd ask here first just in case somebody already knows)

This guy just joined trying to find upgrades for FS1. Maybe he can dig into the FS1 vps and post the original hud table.
Did you hear that fellas? She says I have a Meritorious Unit.

Offline Macfie

Thanks!
However, that's not quite what I need. I'm looking for the original coordinates (for HUDs before the HUD builds) that should be based on a 1024x768 (or was it some other tiny 4:3), not 1440x900. The default HUD_gauges has been gimped like that since the latest Port release, so maybe what I'm looking for is hardcoded or something into the older builds? I have no clue.

(As an offtopic, does the code now allow for G and E energy bars to be nicely beside each other in cases where S is absent in subspace or earlier missions? I could probably check myself, but I thought I'd ask here first just in case somebody already knows)

The FSPort Hud_Gauges Table in the VP was made before the hud builds.
Here is a copy of the Hud_gauges table from the FSPort-mediavps

« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 04:29:14 pm by Macfie »

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
The original coordinates?  Ugh... they're scattered all over the place in the code.  Your best bet would be to search for hard-coded arrays in the code/hud directory of the source code.