Author Topic: What the heck happened??  (Read 3677 times)

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Re: What the heck happened??
Parents, more like. We don't have arranged marriages like in Englistan.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Just remember if you have that kind of attitude toward actually buying the game and getting it  installed correctly we'll probably have the same attitude toward any questions on why it doesn't work the way you expect it to.  Well actually I won't have an attitude I'll just ignore the question the same way you ignored the license.   
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
The great thing about GOG is that you can download (or re-download) your purchases whenever you need them. Never hurts to burn a back-up DVD though...

The BAD thing is when your bank has some sort of "firewall" against transactions between you and the company location (due to fraudulant activity in the area, etc.). And so when you want to get that great $6.99 deal on Il-2 during the weekend but cannot procure it even despite telling the bank people that there's no problem but they're like "oh no, sorry current policies state that we just can't do that" and then the friendly support at GOG is like "well, that thar's a *****!" and you're in complete agree ment but there's just nothing you can do...  :wtf:

Perhaps I should try PayPal when I can afford to spend money again...

-Thaeris
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Apparently you didn't read the EULA, since you believed it couldn't be changed when in fact it can.
If I were a judge, I would hold that part of the EULA to be unenforceable.  A contract is supposed to involve a meeting of minds and an exchange of commodities, not one party agreeing to be held hostage to the whims of the other.  That's just ridiculous.

That said, I would still encourage everyone to purchase from GOG because 1) it's cheap; and 2) it's a vote of confidence in the FS universe.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Just wondering
is the engine itself still open source these days? Or did that suddenly change with GoG as well?
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Game engine itself was released for noncommercial use by :v:

Code: [Select]
/*
 * Copyright (C) Volition, Inc. 1999.  All rights reserved.
 * All source code herein is the property of Volition, Inc. You may not sell
 * or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the
 * source.
*/
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light