Author Topic: scrolling in posts and IE8  (Read 1406 times)

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
scrolling in posts and IE8
running IE8 here, and whenever my post needs a scroll bar, as i type on the lower part of the post (that needs the scrollbar) the window acts glitchy and scrolls up on its on, down only while a key is pressed

example, while typing, this line is okay
was okay when i modified theis post, adn problem did not exist before the scrolling sigs...

however, i cannot see what i amtyping very well of i drop below, say, 20 worrds per minnute, like this is runniong on some sort of device in speed movies, except with annoyance instead of the exploding part.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 08:00:13 pm by MR_T3D »

Offline Enigmatic Entity

• Exemplar Essayer
  • Amigo ad infinitum.
Re: scrolling in posts and IE8
:wtf:
Use an older version or use Firefox - it's only a 7mb download.
Or you can open up notepad, wordpad or MSWord, type your message in there and copy and paste it into the post box.

Or you can increase your resolution to 1960*1200, etc. (your largest size possible) and use the extra-wide post box... :doubt:
Juvenescence and multifariousness is eternal.

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
Re: scrolling in posts and IE8
I run IE8 too and get the same issue; if the text becomes long enough to need scrolling, the veiw constantly jumps between the top of the text and the part you are typing. I assume that there has been some kind of change to IE's text box system and HLP's makeup is not used to it.

I might try compatability veiw at some point and see if that helps in any way.
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.