Author Topic: Spesify debrief music  (Read 3103 times)

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Spesify debrief music
was browsing the pet hates thread and spotted this
- Something very grim happens in the mission (e.g. The Colossus is destroyed in Their Finest Hour) the debriefing mourns the loss of thousands upon thousands of lives... and in the background, there's the victory music happily playing. It's put me off ever since I first played the main campaign, and it still does.
It can be fixed using a failing secondary objective, that's all it needs. Although it would be nice to be able to specify debriefing music in FRED.

Would it be possible modify fred to be able to specify the background music
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Re: Spesify debrief music
I also think this would be a nice feature, but I don't know exactly how it would be set up. I suppose a sexp could somehow be used to set the debriefing music, either in-game or in some special (as of yet not existing) place for setting that, or just as something tacked onto a briefing stage.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
You can specify it by editing the mission as text.  I'm not sure if it's in FRED yet.

It's not in FRED, at least not in the places one would look (mission specs editor, debriefing editor).
I imagine it as being three boxes, with a "Browse" button next to it (kinda like the loading screens or skybox selection). One for success, one for partial success, one for complete fail, using the same criteria as for the normal debriefing music.

Even cooler would be to have it event-driven and more than three choices, but that might be over the top. Also, it might cause problems when accidentaly more than one (or none at all) track is chosen.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Surely, if it were event driven, you'd just have it set up to override the default music? i.e. FS continues to keep trying to choose the music in the same way it always has, unless the mission designer has specifically told it to change.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Enigmatic Entity

• Exemplar Essayer
  • Amigo ad infinitum.
was browsing the pet hates thread and spotted this
- Something very grim happens in the mission (e.g. The Colossus is destroyed in Their Finest Hour) the debriefing mourns the loss of thousands upon thousands of lives... and in the background, there's the victory music happily playing. It's put me off ever since I first played the main campaign, and it still does.
It can be fixed using a failing secondary objective, that's all it needs. Although it would be nice to be able to specify debriefing music in FRED.

Would it be possible modify fred to be able to specify the background music

That's amusing if you create a blank mission in FRED2 and turn traitor, since Admiral P. is going on about court marshals while victory music is playing...
Juvenescence and multifariousness is eternal.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Quite frankly if you're hearing victory music when something dreadful happened it means you didn't set up the objectives for the mission correctly. :p
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Well, then someone go fix Their Finest Hour. :v: kinda dropped the ball on the objectives in that one.

Or maybe, for some obscure reason, they were happy they got rid of the Colossus :nervous:
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 07:35:50 am by FreeSpaceFreak »

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Or maybe, for some obscure reason, they were happy they got rid of the Colossus :nervous:
Proof for a conspiracy! It's canon! :o

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Re: Specify debrief music
FSF's got a point there, I also agree that debriefing music should be selected by the user, default behaviour could still be applied for missions that where not modified by the Freder in this matter.
el hombre vicio...