Author Topic: OMG. MW:2.  (Read 20871 times)

Offline mxlm

Actually, bats, that doesn't address the concernn.

Spoiler:
If you, the imaginary CIA agent, weren't aware that they knew you were an agent, you would have character incentive to open fire. If you were aware, well, you'd have incentive to, like, not stroll along with them and watch or participate.

So I vote 'still stupid'  :p
I will ask that you explain yourself. Please do so with the clear understanding that I may decide I am angry enough to destroy all of you and raze this sickening mausoleum of fraud down to the naked rock it stands on.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Spoiler:
No, your CIA agent could easily be unable or unwilling to open fire even if it compromised his mission - he is, after all, a human being. You can open fire if you want (though I can't imagine your training would support that.)

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Yup, I agree with Batutta here. You don't shoot your own civilians (or any civilians for that matter).
As a soldier/agent, your job is to protect them.
Their lives >>> your cover
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Isn't the mission of the CIA guy to like...stop these sorts of attacks? Or what?

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Not saying.

Someone said three hours a few posts up. It certainly took me longer.

It's well worth a purchase. Bloody brilliant. Gulag and the Ranger precursors to second sun are buh-rilliant.

This game is blackhawk down meets the rock meets a little red alert two and just a hint of war of the worlds. Oh yeah. MGS too. 

The references will all make sense when you finish it.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
I finished it yesterday and those references still don't make sense :p

Waiting all this time to play this 5-7 hour campaign was definetly worth it. People rate it badly only cause of the dedicated server thing and all.

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
In Australian dollars and prices that equates to an incredible $16.85-23.6 per hour which places it squarely in the pirate without regard for ****ty developers who couldn't be ****ed doing a decent port pile. Pirate MW2, buy Dragon Age.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Spoiler:
No, your CIA agent could easily be unable or unwilling to open fire even if it compromised his mission - he is, after all, a human being. You can open fire if you want (though I can't imagine your training would support that.)
Yeah,

Spoiler:
I'd imagine CIA dudes would probably open fire at least, engage in some aggressive banter, and praise the others for their bloodthirstiness, after realising any attempt to stop it would be futile. Which is not correct. If he had hung back just a little he would've been able to gun the others down with relative ease with that nice M240B. Hitting the civilians would've been another issue entirely, perhaps crouching when firing so the bullet exits would likely go above the crowd?

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Pirate MW2, buy Dragon Age.

Way ahead of you mac.

Offline mxlm

Spoiler:
No, your CIA agent could easily be unable or unwilling to open fire even if it compromised his mission - he is, after all, a human being.
Spoiler:
In which case the thing to do would be to, like, shoot the ****ing terrorists in their ****ing backs. Does the game permit the player to do this (rather, does it auto fail if you do)?
I will ask that you explain yourself. Please do so with the clear understanding that I may decide I am angry enough to destroy all of you and raze this sickening mausoleum of fraud down to the naked rock it stands on.

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
Yes, it does.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Spoiler:
No, your CIA agent could easily be unable or unwilling to open fire even if it compromised his mission - he is, after all, a human being.
Spoiler:
In which case the thing to do would be to, like, shoot the ****ing terrorists in their ****ing backs. Does the game permit the player to do this (rather, does it auto fail if you do)?

Spoiler:
Ah, but then you'd be compromising your mission and potentially dooming many more, no? It's a tricky balancing act. Moreover, the sequence as a whole serves - as I understand it - a powerful narrative function.

Offline mxlm

Spoiler:
Ah, but then you'd be compromising your mission and potentially dooming many more, no? It's a tricky balancing act. Moreover, the sequence as a whole serves - as I understand it - a powerful narrative function.

Spoiler:
Right, but by not firing you're already compromising your mission. So if you're going to do that, do it while also saving lives instead of, um, watching as random innocents are massacred

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
You assume the player's not going to intentionally miss, which is the most rational course of action and one Dilmah has already suggested.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline mxlm

Actually, no, I don't assume that, and it had actually occurred to me. The original post I responded to said...oh, wait. I misread the original post.

Nevermind.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Yes, it does.
Actually it doesn't. Makarov is invincible and will shred you to ribbons. Speaking from experience here. :P

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
I didn't say that you can kill him. I answered that the mission auto-fails.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Flashbangs are your enemy on that mission. But boy oh boy. What fun!
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Can you say PLOT HOLE?

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I kinda guessed this would turn into "CONSOLE GAMES ARE ****" or a "FPS GAMES ARE ****" or a "CALL OF DUTY GAMES ARE ****" or a "NEW GAMES ARE ****" or a "XYZ GAMES ARE ****" debate. :doubt: