Author Topic: My Game Crashes  (Read 7282 times)

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
So the error is caused by capitalization? That doesn't make sense if other missions use $R instead of $r and still work fine.

Maybe it has something to do with Windows 7?

... No, that doesn't make sense, does it. A number of HLPers have been running the 7 Beta and have had no problems...
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
Actually, White and Yellow.

And the problem is, is that the case' ' letters are, well, case sensitive. And it seems in the briefing "Petrarch" (line 56) is preceded by a $W instead of a $w.

So the question is now, why is this the first we've heard of this? I don't know, but there will be a Fix in a few hours.
I think $R and $G are hard-coded to be accepted in case of $r and $g since they are also the same colors as $h and $f, which presumes (though I have not tested) that $H and $F will also work.

I'll not only be correcting the missions now that I am aware of this, but I'll also be expanding the colors available to the Briefing Text selections and changing that Int() to default to BRIEFING_TEXT_WHITE instead of failing the exe. This will then hopefully correct for any further cases.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
This issue was reported to SCP Mantis Issue 2059 along with a proposed patch to better handle undefined cases in the future.

MediaVP corrections are being worked on and will depend on whether or not the proposal for expanded Briefing Text Colors catches on.

Speaking of, here is what I have so far, comments on additional colors would be great: (white ($w) is default text color, $b, $g, $r are default colors available already)
Bright White: $W
Standard (default) White: $w
Black: $k (Black)

Standard Blue: $b
Bright Blue: $B

Standard Green: $g
Bright Green: $G

Standard Yellow: $y
Bright Yellow: $Y

Gray: $e
Silver: $E

Violet Gray: $v
Violet: $V

Standard Red: $r
Bright Red: $R

Pink: $p
Bright Pink: $P

Additive (non pre-existent colors) are: Silver, Violet, Pink and Bright Pink. The other colors were already defined in alphacolors.cpp, with the exception of Yellow/Bright Yellow which got redefined as they looked more like Lime Green. And I realize that on a black background Grey looks really dark. In game, it's very legible and distinctive from the standard text.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 08:03:49 pm by Zacam »
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys