Author Topic: [Solved] Windowed mode?  (Read 3255 times)

Offline Leeko

• Computer ketchup
  • Lurking since 2009
[Solved] Windowed mode?
Does it exist? I couldn't find it in the launcher, and on my new widescreen monitor the game looks very stretched... rolling makes me nauseous now.  :ick:
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 08:31:43 am by Leeko »

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Just run the game in 1680x1050, it shouldn't stretch. At least mine doesn't. Let me look at my settings.

Offline Qent

In the launcher, go to the Features tab > List type drop-down > Dev Tool, and windowed mode should be third from the top.

Widescreen resolutions are available in the Video tab, BTW.

Does it exist? I couldn't find it in the launcher, and on my new widescreen monitor the game looks very stretched... rolling makes me nauseous now.  :ick:

Also make sure you're using 3.6.10 - widescreen support was fixed by this point.
STRONGTEA. Why can't the x86 be sane?

Offline Leeko

• Computer ketchup
  • Lurking since 2009
The highest resolution in the launcher's drop-down box is 1280x1024, and my monitor's native resolution is 1920x1200. Also I'm using the 12/1/09 nightly build.

I tried re-downloading the launcher, nothing, and I just updated the build I was using today. The download took quite a while and I'm about to go to sleep, so I'm not going to try re-downloading that right now.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 11:29:24 pm by Leeko »

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Leeko

• Computer ketchup
  • Lurking since 2009
A thousand thank-yous, my good sir. That worked. :D

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
The highest resolution in the launcher's drop-down box is 1280x1024, and my monitor's native resolution is 1920x1200. Also I'm using the 12/1/09 nightly build.

I tried re-downloading the launcher, nothing, and I just updated the build I was using today. The download took quite a while and I'm about to go to sleep, so I'm not going to try re-downloading that right now.
I realize that your problem has been solved, but I am curious about your configuration, because in looking at the code, the launcher should detect all resolutions.

Do you have multiple monitors connected?
If so, are they the same size?
If not, what is the native resolution of the other(s)?
What is/are your desktop resolution(s)?
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments