Author Topic: So Who's Actually Seen Galactica?  (Read 7701 times)

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: So Who's Actually Seen Galactica?
And to previous posts that said cylons were human.They definitely wernt.They were made basically like how the Terminators(from the terminator movies obviously) made their synethic skin but went another step forword and made synthetic organs as well.There actually more like the robots from bladerunner in that regard.

Stupid to ask this, but have you actually seen the show? Especially the part where the Ones are pissed at the final five for NOT HAVING DONE THAT, but opting to give the Cylons bodies that are basically human?

Speaking of Terminator heres an awesome terminator/BSG music vid that should make you want to watch bsg even more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vxQl7977BE

I'll just step in here and say that that was crap. There's a reason why Brad Fiedel and Bear McCreary have such good reputations, it's because their music is so awesome that no substitute will suffice.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Hotdog

Actually I have seen it all.I dont think you have!

Just because they had human looking bodies doesnt mean they were human.Baltar was able to make the Cylon detector because it could tell the difference between synthetic cylons and real humans.

Six had that glowing spine thing and Anders had that red eye moment which means they were cybernetic and not all biological.

I do agree that the music itself on the video wasnt as good as bears (who also did tscc by the way).Thats not why I like the video.Its because I consider Terminator to be an unofficial sequel to BSG.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 07:16:41 pm by Hotdog »
"Life here began out there"-Sacred Scrolls

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
That they were partially artificial is without question. But for all we know from the show, they are almost indistinguishable from humans unless subjected to a complicated test procedure. Unlike the Terminators, for example. Oh, an Terminator being an unofficial sequel to BSG? You should turn that around. The Terminator mythos is older than nBSG.

Offline Hotdog

BSG is older than Terminator if you include TOS!

I should have said BSG is like an unofficial prequel to Terminator.

All of this has happened before...And will Happen Again

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
But then, the old BSG and the new BSG have almost nothing in common. In the old series, the Cylons were remnants of an alien race.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
facepalm

“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Narvi

I can be differentiated from "normal" humans if I have a steel plate in my head. That doesn't make me not human.

They can interbreed with humans, and hell, provide viable offspring. That fits the biological definition of human right there. Cylons were just human clones with some extra thingummies attached.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
We don't actually know that, since the series (thankfully) did not delve into technobabble on that front.

The biological species definition is probably not a great way of determining whether two things are actually the same species.

Anyway, you say 'just' like it was a bad thing, but if you want to examine the human condition, you need humans.

Offline Hotdog

Cant we just say they were cyborgs?

Anyway they were human the same way Frankenstein's monster was "Human".As shown in razor they were put together in a similar way.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 11:59:45 am by Hotdog »

Offline newman

Spoilers below, not using spoiler tags since it's been a while since the mentioned episodes were shown so anyone interested had ample time to watch them..

Cant we just say they were cyborgs?

Anyway they were human the same way Frankenstein's monster was "Human".As shown in razor they were put together in a similar way.

Razor hasn't suggested anything of the sort. What we saw in Razor were Centurion's unsuccessful experiments that turned into a butcher's shop. That's what Adama saw that last day of the war after ejecting from his Viper over Tauron. After the final 5's arrival and their offer of advanced biological technology to the cylons in return for ending the war, producing the 7 new models, those unsuccessful experiments became obsolete. A small faction of the Cylons split from the main force and continued their experiments. They were called "the Guardians" and are referred to by the humanoid Cylons as an "evolutionary dead end".
In short, caprica 6 or boomer weren't pieces of meat assembled together on a table, but rather a result of a very complex and advanced process of genetic engineering.
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline Hotdog

Its also possible that they were made from millions of tiny nanobots that mimicked human cells so perfectly that human cells were tricked into mistaking Cylon cells(nanobots) for human cells thus allowing cylons and humans to breed.

Offline newman

Advanced biotech, one way or the other. There's a reason the show didn't go into this technobabble and I'm glad for it. The point is, the 12 cylon models weren't "frankensteined" together as you suggested.
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
Actually I have seen it all.I dont think you have!

Just because they had human looking bodies doesnt mean they were human.Baltar was able to make the Cylon detector because it could tell the difference between synthetic cylons and real humans.

Six had that glowing spine thing and Anders had that red eye moment which means they were cybernetic and not all biological.

I do agree that the music itself on the video wasnt as good as bears (who also did tscc by the way).Thats not why I like the video.Its because I consider Terminator to be an unofficial sequel to BSG.

Everyone knows that Terminator is Earth in oBSG, whereas future Earth in nuBSG is Star Trek: The Next Generation ;) Afterall, Kirk in one of his time-travel shenanigans was documenting the RTF.
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
I've only ever seen bits and pieces of the show and miniseries... the parts people saw fit to upload on youtube due to them being awesome. Oh, and I watched one of the itty-bitty webisodes.

Offline Hotdog

Ace old BSG being Terminator would not make sense.Because in the orginal BSG the Cylons were built by an extinct alien race and not by humans.And WTF are you talking about kirk?

The Star Trek 2009 movie sucked.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 08:34:06 pm by Hotdog »

They can interbreed with humans, and hell, provide viable offspring. That fits the biological definition of human right there. Cylons were just human clones with some extra thingummies attached.

No, it doesn't. Horses and donkeys can interbreed and produce viable offspring (yes, there are fertile mules). It's rare, but it happens. More often than with Cylons and humans, anyway. There was exactly one example of a human/cylon hybrid, despite probably thousands of attempt at all of the Farms.

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
That doesn't prove cylons and humans are different, that just proves that horses and donkeys are the same :p