Author Topic: Question about named ships (nerd nitpick)  (Read 5351 times)

Re: Question about named ships (nerd nitpick)
I'm not sure what you mean. Alpha 1 is there for the first encounter of the Ravana and Sathanas. Also the Astaroth fighters.

I'm not sure what you mean. Alpha 1 is there for the first encounter of the Ravana and Sathanas. Also the Astaroth fighters.

What i'm saying is that seafaring tradition is that the first ship of a class gives the name to the entire class (Nimitz-class, Iowa-class, Ravana-class etc.) assuming that tradition has been kept, which is also true with the Lucifer, then alpha 1 never encouters the SC Cain, SC Lillith, SC Rakshasa, SCv Moloch, SD Demon, which, if this theory holds up, were the first ships of said classes to be encountered/named by the GTVA. I'm not mentioning fighters as, to my knowledge, dont have specific names, making them, for the purposes of my argument, irrelevant. im just talking big-arsed capital ships

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Actually, you do encounter the SC Cain. It's in the mission with the 3 jump nodes in FS1, along with the SC Abel. I don't know why everyone forgets them.
The argument that they're named after the first ship of the class still holds though - that cruiser could easily have been the first encountered, it just hung around until then, and finally got finished off.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Lucika

• Victim of trolling-related humor
  • Modding is l'art pour l'art
    • Syrk: The Unification Wars
Actually, you do encounter the SC Cain. It's in the mission with the 3 jump nodes in FS1, along with the SC Abel. I don't know why everyone forgets them.
The argument that they're named after the first ship of the class still holds though - that cruiser could easily have been the first encountered, it just hung around until then, and finally got finished off.

That was the one after the destruction of Vasuda Prime, wasn't it?
HLP member 2008-2012 and Syrk:TUW project leader ~2010-2012

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Yeah/ the FS1 "Exodus".
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

i think command got lazy a few times when shivan ships hung around each other: ex. SC Cain, SC Able; SC Thunder, SC Lightning; Hellions 1, Hellions 2, Hellions 3...