Author Topic: Diaspora campaign?  (Read 3336 times)

Offline Hotdog

Will the campaign of Diaspora basically follow the plot of the show?If so I hope you include these major battles.

The Battle of the Scorpion Fleet Yards.The plot would be where you play as either a viper defending the Pegasus or a Cylon Raider attacking it and the other Battlestars as well.

The Battle over Kobol.

BTRL already did the Scar battle so I dont think we need another.

The Battle of the Resurrection ship.

The Battle of the Guardian Basestar.Hope to see some old raiders!

The Exodus from New Caprica.You cant do ground based flight in the Fs2 engine so it would have to be a viper defending the Pegasus and civilian ships.

The Battle of the Ionian Nebula.

The Battle of the Hub.

And the Battle of the Colony.

And I have an idea for a bonus mission.It would be about the rebel Cylons hunting down any anti human Cylons that survived the colony.If you look closely at the end of the battle you do see baseships jumping away.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 03:13:23 pm by Hotdog »
"Life here began out there"-Sacred Scrolls

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Most of those won't be possible with the assets that will be present in Diaspora R1.
As I understand it, the team is concentrating on delivering a new experience in the BSG universe, one that is separate from the show's canon.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
The Exodus from New Caprica.You cant do ground based flight in the Fs2 engine so it would have to be a viper defending the Pegasus and civilian ships.

Don't assume things aren't possible with the FS2 engine, or else you'll see yourself proved wrong again and again and again ^^

Note that I'm not saying Diaspora guys are making a build using terrain rendering or stuff like that, I'm not part of their crew so I don't have a clue what they are up to ..... only that it must be really cool ;7
el hombre vicio...

Offline Fish

• Nugget
I think everyone on this forum wants those eventually, and more! So don't be offended if your idea is seen as a little old ;)

The team has a lot of work to put in to the game besides coming up with a broad script for battles, so releasing that list will take a long time... But, if you want it enough, you can wait as long as it takes :) (Just don't be demanding - no-one likes that :p )
<><

Offline newman

Release 1 will follow the fate of the Battlestar Theseus during the cylon attack on the colonies. R1 is also the most work, after that releases should come out quicker (as in you shouldn't have to wait two years for a release like you did with r1). So basically we're planning on getting out several smaller releases gathering as much assets as possible before doing the main campaign that will follow the show. It's way too early to talk about specific missions in that future release, but I really doubt we'd do a show based campaign and skip any of the major battles there..
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Hotdog, if you'd read the developer blogs, you would know what the campaign is about.

Offline Locutus of Borg

• Who counted those posts?????????????
I'm sure this has been answered elsewhere but how many campaign missions can we expect from R1?

'Simulator' missions?
We are the Borg
We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own

Resistance is FUTILE

Offline Hotdog

Theseus?Let me guess.The end will be where they settle on a planet and name it Terra!

Offline newman

Theseus?Let me guess.The end will be where they settle on a planet and name it Terra!

Yep. You figured it out. Now we need to start all over again with a new plot so we can keep the element of surprise.
Seriously though, if you're interested in details on r1 we've talked a lot about the plot, missions, etc. Just browse the forums and you'll find your answers.
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline Hotdog

One other question.Will the Theseus have its own rag tag fleet?Or will it be just by itself like the Pegasus.

Offline newman

That would be telling. Wait and see.

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Try to be a bit more tactful with your questions: you may not get the answer you want, but you will promote more interesting conversations than "WHEN WILL THIS BE DONE??? YOU MOST MAKE ESTIMATE!!!" ...Well, you get the idea...  :p

Atmospheric combat is closer than you think in FSO. A few released mods have it (I've been told TBP has it, though I've not seen it in action), and several projects in development are using simplified flight mechanics (an X-COM mod as well as the original "Wings" mod). Nuke is working on a rather advanced script that will be very good indeed once it's stable. So, you very well might get to shoot down some Raiders amongst the clouds...
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I don't think Shadows of Lylat uses any realistic atmospheric models, given its arcade-ish roots, but it certainly has some very impressive-looking in-atmosphere flight going on as well. :)

Offline Hotdog

Wow!It looks like I was wrong about the Fs2 engine being able to handle planetary flight.I definitely dont think the first release of Diaspora will have it but perhaps a later one?

A mission it could then handle would be the part of the New Caprica exodus with the Galactica jumping over the city!The terrain rendering fetaure could also be used to make amazing 1st Cylon War missions like the Battle over that Ice Planet!

Offline FraktuRe

• Not stupid enough
  • Cheesy oneliner, *****es!
    • Fraktured Reality
Release 1 will be the tale of the epic journey Karajorma took across half the planet just so he could *****slap me in the face for my ridiculous posts.
Or something.
There’s nothing like the truth skewed into the mind of the insane.
- Fraktured Reality
The artist formerly known as Cl1nt.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Actually that is R2, it's taking us a little longer to get the sound effects for the beating just right. :p
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Release 1 will be the tale of the epic journey Karajorma took across half the planet just so he could *****slap me in the face for my ridiculous posts.

Why do you think we prepositioned him in China?  First Strike Capability
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”