Author Topic: BSG models I found  (Read 18068 times)

Newman:The viper MKIII/MKIIE looks better than that design anyway.Im fine with not having it.But any chance of having say a reimagined version of the scarlet viper?I think there pretty neat looking.

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel
Newman:The viper MKIII/MKIIE looks better than that design anyway.Im fine with not having it.But any chance of having say a reimagined version of the scarlet viper?

This ship is in the same category like a two-seated MkI Viper, the AB Raider, a Saucershaped Uber-ship build by colonials AND flying Jet-bikes - they don't exist! :P

Offline newman

The ship list for R1 is decided upon. If you want us to release in this century then adding every ship you can think of into the mix probably won't help :) You'll be getting quite a few ships in R1 and that number will rise with every release. Right now we're working on finishing R1, not expanding it.
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline Fish

• Nugget
Two things: :)

1) I trust the mod team's vision completely, and their absolute discretion in accepting help or otherwise.

2) I like the pretty pictures of different models! Even if it's a weird ship like that 'Viper', I like checking out the pictures. So please, don't stop posting them! Maybe just stop suggesting the team use them - they'll probably ask for more info if they do ;)
<><

Ok from now on this thread will be about non cannon BSG ship designs and models.Even if they wont be in R1 or any other release.If anyone else has some pics I wouldnt mind them being posted either.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
For those posting ships that they think Diaspora should have, maybe it's escaped your attention that we have not just one, but two concept artists on the team as well as several talented artists capable of coming up with new designs on their own.

Now I've got no issue with people posting pictures of ships from the web that they like. It may even give people ideas that they wouldn't otherwise have but please don't ask us to include them in the game.

Every moment we'd spend working on them is time we'd spend away from our own original designs. The Theseus, Bolitho and MK VIIe are examples of the level of quality of these designs. We have more designs for both Cylon and Colonial crafts of all sizes which are at least as good as those (if not better!) And are currently waiting to be modelled as soon as we can find a modeller not busy with other tasks.

Given that, it should be obvious why we are reluctant to spend time on someone else's designs unless they are canon.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline FraktuRe

• Not stupid enough
  • Cheesy oneliner, *****es!
    • Fraktured Reality
Aside from the Theseus, the Cygnus is the only fan made battlestar I've seen that doesn't look like complete ass anyway.
Or something.
There’s nothing like the truth skewed into the mind of the insane.
- Fraktured Reality
The artist formerly known as Cl1nt.

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
Newman:The viper MKIII/MKIIE looks better than that design anyway.Im fine with not having it.But any chance of having say a reimagined version of the scarlet viper?

This ship is in the same category like a two-seated MkI Viper, the AB Raider, a Saucershaped Uber-ship build by colonials AND flying Jet-bikes - they don't exist! :P

Well, I've actually been rooting for the AB Raider. Afterall humanoid Cylons were in the show that never existed too...
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Aside from the Theseus, the Cygnus is the only fan made battlestar I've seen that doesn't look like complete ass anyway.

You'll see a few more before we're through :D
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline FraktuRe

• Not stupid enough
    • Fraktured Reality
StarSlayer you have yet to make a ship design that isn't sexy. Please have my babies.
Or something.
- Fraktured Reality

Offline newman

StarSlayer you have yet to make a ship design that isn't sexy. Please have my babies.

I suspect Slayer's response might be something along the lines of "take care of your own damn babies" :P
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Plus Diaspora doesn't support maternity leave :(
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline FraktuRe

• Not stupid enough
    • Fraktured Reality
I'm just trying to find a new sugardaddy for Kara's babies.
Or something.
- Fraktured Reality

The Cygnus isnt a battlestar.Its a support ship like the Bolitho.

This ship is in the same category like a two-seated MkI Viper, the AB Raider, a Saucershaped Uber-ship build by colonials AND flying Jet-bikes - they don't exist!

Come on dont be that way.After all I was hoping to fly around in those motorcycles in Diaspora.How awesome would that be!JK

And yes G1980 really is considered TOS Cannon.

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel
The Cygnus isnt a battlestar.Its a support ship like the Bolitho.

This ship is in the same category like a two-seated MkI Viper, the AB Raider, a Saucershaped Uber-ship build by colonials AND flying Jet-bikes - they don't exist!

Come on dont be that way.After all I was hoping to fly around in those motorcycles in Diaspora.How awesome would that be!JK

It would feel like someone tabs a spike through the kneecap :P

And yes G1980 really is considered TOS Cannon.

Then we are really, really, really lucky, that Diaspora is about the RIS series not TOS.
And any TOS mod for Diaspora, that contains anything remotely "Galactica 1980" related will be ignored by me. :P

Offline FraktuRe

• Not stupid enough
    • Fraktured Reality
Pretty sure you're breaking rule 1, There was NO Galactica 1980.
Or something.
- Fraktured Reality

What do you call this then? http://www.hulu.com/galactica-1980
I thought the Return of Starbuck episode was good.Thats the only one though.

Back to model designs.Heres another weird one from that site where I got the other pics from.It looks like some kind of proto viper.Like G1980 its not that good.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
What do you call this then? http://www.hulu.com/galactica-1980

There is nothing at that address except for the 1980 Starbuck special and even that seems to be missing something cause it starts and ends strangely as if scenes setting up the story have been cut from it. For instance there is no explanation of what happened the to child. Perhaps it was meant to be setting up a character in a planned future series of the show but I see no sign of that actually having happened.

I certainly don't see any sign of an entire series of Battlestar Galactica made in the 1980s.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 11:55:16 pm by karajorma »
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline newman

*newman waves his hand performing a jedi mind trick* There is no Galactica 1980. You want to go home and rethink your life.

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel
I'm trying to tell him such a abomination like Galactica 1980 per definition can't exist, but yet he insists there is something like that. Someone made it up to scare Sci-fi fans all over the world, and damn it works. It's the '80s TV version of a Rick-Roll. :P

If there where such a show, and we all know there isn't one, no one would like it, no one would like to hear about it. :P
There was a attempt to make a second season of TOS Galactica, but only two members of the original cast where available, Dirk Benedict ( Starbuck ) and a Cylon Centurion. The attempt failed, the show was cancelled after one episode, end of story. :D