Author Topic: are campaigns dynamic at all?  (Read 3942 times)

Offline Timerlane

• Overseer of Slag Determination
Re: are campaigns dynamic at all?
If you poke around in the FS1 Walkthrough, there were apparently a fair number of things being passed from one mission into the next(fail to destroy x, or fail to keep y's hull integrity above a certain percent, and z ship in the next mission is a different class, or has less hull integrity, or jumps out faster, or there's an extra enemy fighter(s), or x may appear again in the next mission, etc), mostly in the first half.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 12:08:51 pm by Timerlane »

Offline Anti

Thanks for that link and info... very useful to know.

Offline -Norbert-

I don't know why, but I just expected more of a 'war game'. ie. starting with a set number of vessels, and losing the war if too many were lost.
That pretty much sums up what Babylonian History X is (or will be) about.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Time for a little pimping.

1) Axem and myself worked together to make sure that there were some differences in BtRL's dialogues depending on what path you took through the missions. The plan was to improve on this with much more dynamic missions in the full game.
  This idea will reappear sooner or later in Diaspora.

2) I've already made code changes to team loadout to make dynamic campaigns easier to build (controls over which fighters are available to you and your allies based on previous missions) but the plan has always been to expand this so that it worked for any ship.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]