Author Topic: BP: Age of Aquarius - The Director's Cut discussion  (Read 139299 times)

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Re: BP: Age of Aquarius - The Director's Cut discussion
Did you guys ever make a separate release of the soundtracks? That collection would be bomb in a FLAC or MP3 playlist.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Wut.

1) Most of the soundtracks are copyrighted materials.

2) Soundtracks are already released. Anyone can grab a VP tool and extract them in nearly literally a couple of clicks (more like 3-4 clicks). What would you possibly need a separate release for ?

3) Since they didn't make the musics, that means they found it on the internet. If there's any flac version of it, you can just as easily search for em yourself.

4) MP3, seriously ? What year is this, '95 ?
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog

Would you prefer a tracker module?
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Wut.

1) Most of the soundtracks are copyrighted materials.

2) Soundtracks are already released. Anyone can grab a VP tool and extract them in nearly literally a couple of clicks (more like 3-4 clicks). What would you possibly need a separate release for ?

3) Since they didn't make the musics, that means they found it on the internet. If there's any flac version of it, you can just as easily search for em yourself.

Chill out, dude. He didn't call your mother fat or anything. :P

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art

MP3 works very nicely on my generic MP3 player, which is nice because my generic MP3 player dont scream mug me like an iWhaterver does and if it dies or I loose it, well a few quid and a few mins at the computer later and it's like nothing ever happened
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Darius

Chill out, dude. He didn't call your mother fat or anything. :P

Weren't you like five years old when those yo momma jokes were around? :P

I uploaded some of the AoA soundtrack here back in the day but it isn't comprehensive. One of these days I'll add more to the pile.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
More like fifteen. It's a phase, more than a fad. :P

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Momma jokes are eternal.
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
Unless you don't have yours anymore.

Also, I remember when MP3s weren't and CDs were the big thing.  Hell, I remember when CD where new and shiny.  God I'm getting old.
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline headdie

• Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Unless you don't have yours anymore.

Also, I remember when MP3s weren't and CDs were the big thing.  Hell, I remember when CD where new and shiny.  God I'm getting old.

2x cdrom drive baby, run off a scuzzy controller on the sound card
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I remember when my high-school's library got CD-ROMs added to their computer lab, and they were external units about the size of a modern consumer Blu-Ray player.  Hell, I remember learning to use computers in high-school on a lab full of XTs and 286s.  Then, a couple of years later, they got a second lab full of 486s (or were they Pentiums) running Windows 3.1.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline headdie

• Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
486 is most likely with a dos/win 3.1 os, though pent 75 to 133 I think predated win95

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
I remember learning to program BASIC on BBC Micro's when I was at school, god i feel old!  :(
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
One of the teachers in my computer lab at the time (and she wasn't THAT old mind you), recollected that when she studied computers, they had to hold all of their programs on punch-cards.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
And God helped you if you dropped your stack...
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

• Fat and lazy glory hound, mooch, narcissist.
    • Black Yoshi's YouTube Page
I don't mean to bump, but I wonder if anyone else had these issues yet:

I went through Aquarius today on 3.6.14 RC6 (not 7 yet), and I had two red alert screw-ups:

1. First Contact, you're supposed to have a Pegasus. I warped into the next mission and was in an Aurora.

2 (not as bad, but still): Universal Truth, I was flying a Perseus with a Prom-S/Kayser, Harpoons and Trebs, only to come in Journey's End with a Prom-S/HL-7 and only one Harpoon bank (all my missiles were depleted, and I magically get 16 Harps). Oh, and Gamma 4 was marked dead (I wonder if it's because before the Banishment Conversation, all non-Alpha fighters depart?).

Surprisingly, in Universal Truth, I made Gamma Ares and Ursas with cluster warheads (since the AI cannot fire the Trebuchet by default), they did a frighteningly competent job and survived for about three fourths of the mission on Medium.
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Red Alert bug. They're the reason recent mods don't use Red Alerts.

It's been there since retail, and it's in nowhere specific to BP. It's basically a very specific form of pilot file corruption. Nothing you can do about it aside from creating a new pilot - ideally you should create one pilot per campaign.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Hoot

• Jugger. First *real* post-apocalyptic sport.
I just want to say thanks guys! Playing BP made me really glad (and I am even not finished yet ...).
The the storyline is great, the vids fit, the atmosphere is strong and the action very good (ah, missions with a lot capital ship laser and falk fire ... I love them).

I will prepare some voice acting soon.
First encounter: ELITE. Later: X-Wing. The eclipse: FS2O. Ah, and a fan of post-apocalyptic Jugger in real life.

Offline Kon

• KonQuesting on Twitch
Thank you to the amazing Blue Planet team for taking me back 15 years! This campaign actually allowed me to recapture that feeling I had when I played the Main Freespace Campaign for the first time.

I recently I got a new joystick, and upgraded to 3.7.0. I decided that now was the perfect time to finally try Blue Planet. Boy, was I right! I blew threw the AoA campaign in 2 days, and now I can't get enough Freespace!

The story felt like a real love letter to V's original games, and the gameplay was just exhilarating. Never a dull moment. Challenging, but never frustrating. When I died, I was always eager to replay and do better. Undoubtedly one of the best mods I've played for any game.

I don't want to rush through WiH just yet, but I'll join the rest of HLP in patiently waiting for the rest of the trilogy. Outstanding job! :yes:

Wich is the suggested difficulty level? I had a very bad time at the first skirmish in medium alone against 12 shivans.