Author Topic: Any Good Mods???  (Read 3456 times)

Has anybody download a good mod for Freespace????:bump:
FreespaceMaster

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
You're kidding, right?:mad2: :mad:

Offline vadar_1

• Mr. Crispy
    • http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~freespace/hosted/fullcircle/
I think hes just trying to get people angry..... I mean for someone who names himself "FreespaceMaster"... If this was at the vBB, the following posts would probably require the proper WHMIS Symbol :

Hint: Use search
Hint: Look at the long list of mod forums
Hint: Actually read other peoples frickin posts
"Shockingly, checking Draw Lines Between Marked Icons draws lines between the marked icons. " -Volition quality help files

Projects;
The Full Circle Project (site down - server side problem)
Paradox (site down - server side problem)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Freespacemaster was a rather bad troll on the VBB and it looks like he's determined to spread to this board too.

I say bad cause his technique was rather poor. Ask a stupid question and then act as if you don`t understand any of the explainations you recieve.

I suspect that he is a PEBCAK
« Last Edit: April 12, 2002, 05:42:11 pm by 340 »
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Jeeves

He hung around F2S BB for a few days, spammed some, then pissed off.
:headz: :doubt:
hey, look theres a sewage works in mianus!

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
    Reset count: 4
[steps out of shadows]

[cracks knuckles]

[grins evilly]

Goatin' time...

*WHOMP*

I dont think he was really that bad.  Compared to Alpha One, Guiperya (or whatever), and that one guy who just posted "BUMP" for three or four screens.
This guy just seems annoying, not really hostile.  Just dont feed him and he'll leave.

Offline Petrarch of the VBB

• Koala-monkey
What about those two who would post

BOSCHBOSCHBOSCHBOSCHBOSCHBOSCHBOSCHBOSCHBOSCHBOSCHBOSCHBOSCHBO SCHBOSCHBOSCHBOSCHBOSCHBOSCHBOSCHBOSCHBOSCHBOSCHBOSCHBOSCHBOSC HBOSCHBOSCHBOSCH

Over and Over, they were just twats!

Offline Redfang

He is either a troll, or just stupid. He doesn't act like troll, but asks so stupid questions again and again... :doubt:

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
oh be nice

blackwater ops
the babylon project
over the top
and ofcourse hyper chrisis :D the last one is the best kidding TBP RULEZ
I hate My signature!

Offline Reaper

• Swarmer
    • http://www.winissimo.net/ww3/
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
That's why i quit VBB!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2002, 10:49:45 am by 542 »
There is full moon shining on the sky... It's midnight... I'm rising from my grave... I have my scythe and i'm thirsty for blood... I'm ready, i'm ready to steal souls and feed on them... I'm ready to kill
World War III: Wasteland Earth

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT
Originally posted by Infested_Larva
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
That's why i quit VBB!!!!!!!!!!!  

Everybody did, go figure
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I don't really think this guy is a troll either (or if so, he is very bad at it), but just a silly person doesn't know any better.

BTW did anyone notice that the bump smiley in the original post made no sense? :p:D

I dont think he was really that bad. Compared to Alpha One, Guiperya (or whatever), and that one guy who just posted "BUMP" for three or four screens.
This guy just seems annoying, not really hostile. Just dont feed him and he'll leave.

Yeah that last guy you mentioned, Hemaroid Frog Butt, was probably the worst troll I can remember in VBB history. He pissed off just about everyone on the board at least five times, bumped hundreds of old topics and made over 300 posts of pure crap before he was finally banned. :p (I have a feeling that it was RJM due to the writing style) To make matters worse, the Guiyerapa dude was posting topics about "joining the neo-troll front" and "trolls uniting to take over the forum" at around the same time. :p (these two were the BOSCHBOSCHBOSCH etc. guys that Razor mentioned) The VBB was always a really wacky place. :D
« Last Edit: April 14, 2002, 12:43:50 pm by 296 »

Offline Sesquipedalian

• Atankharz'ythi
I will admit that on the VBB, I just stayed in my Fred2 forum and never came out.  It was nice and quiet and relatively troll-less.  I was happy in there.  Ask a question, answer a question, laugh at a bit of apt sarcasm from the Bane, joke about a bit; it was good.
Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

The Scroll of Atankharzim | FS2 syntax highlighting

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
That is what I did as well when I was a newbie there; I got my first 200 or so posts exclusively in the FRED2 forum. I eventually moved over to the FS and SW forums though, but that was back in the Golden Age when the VBB was really a great place. ;) (late 1999)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
"A troll! A troll! Burn him!"
"How do you know he is a troll?"
"He looks like one!"
"But there are ways of telling if he is a troll. Now, what do we do with trolls?"
"Burn them! Burn them!"
"And what do we burn besides trolls?"
"More trolls!"

*silence*

I could go on... but I won't. :D
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Dark_4ce

• GTVA comedy relief
I have returned... Again...

Offline Nuclear1

VBB=Trolls that make people :mad:, plenty of :headz:, and plenty of :bump: ing of pointless topics!

:ha: ;) :rolleyes:
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!