Author Topic: New Deus Ex?  (Read 46528 times)

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
It's pretty good. It does fill in a bit of background, and the gameplay is pretty good, with a proper Deus-Ex-Style bossfight.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

It's more of the same (which is good) with some addition to the main HR story, an excellent boss fight and a bit of original Deus Ex tie-ins.

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
I enjoyed the DLC.  You can stealth-run through it in about 80 minutes for the Factory Zero achievement, but to explore everything and run it carefully will take you 4-5 hrs.  The boss fight was SO much better than those in the game (which I just considered annoying diversions requiring my stealth pacifist character to exploit the stun gun and typhoon for) - this one can be completed non-lethally as a complete Ghost.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
the heavy rifle on Federova (the only boss I fought "normally")

HALP MEEEEE!!

I have the Heavy Rifle, Shotgun, Snipey gun, SMG's.......

Has Halo made me stupid at quality FPS's?
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Hope we'll see more high quality DLC coming out though, extending the life of this product would be very prudent. I'm definitely going to play it again some time from now, been 99% nonlethal and mostly Ghost, sad I didn't get the achievement though. Maybe I should run&gun it next time (Harder than it seems, I absolutely cannot do this in Deus Ex 1 until MJ12, for instance), it seems there's plenty of stuff that can be destroyed and blown up in the middle of gunfights.
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

JCDN: As I said earlier. run & gun isn't really too hard. It's probably the easiest way to get the achievement for finishing it on the hardest difficulty.

Posting as a reply instead of editing last post to get some "new post" notifications out:

Extra Credits did a Human Revolution episode this week:
http://penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/deus-ex-human-revolution

Extra Credits is a video series that started on The Escapist and migrated to Penny Arcade earlier this year. It is a BRILLIANT series that discusses video games in terms of design, meaning and how they can improve. It's probably the most mature commentary on video games out there. If you haven't heard of it before, I suggest you try and watch the entire series, especially if you're into game design/development.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Yes, that.  Extra Credits is awesome.

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
It's probably the easiest way to get the achievement for finishing it on the hardest difficulty.

With the exception of save/reload for the achievements requiring lethal moves, I got every achievement for the game, including the "Give Me Deus Ex" on my first playthrough.  If anything, striving for Pacifist/Foxiest makes a "Give Me Deus Ex" run stupidly easy, because you never get spotted out of sheer necessity.

Dekker - Fedorova = stun gun bait.  Unless you were silly enough not to bring one along, in which cause get the EMP armour upgrade and shoot the electrical conduits around the room.  5 shots on a fully-upgraded pistol to each will make them detonate and electrify the floor.  Bye bye, murderous *****.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]