Author Topic: Python Applications. 64 to 32bit.  (Read 2236 times)

Offline Wolfy

Python Applications. 64 to 32bit.
So, I have this problem... I've written a python program on a 64bit machine, in a 64bit version of Python, useing 64bit version plugins... Now, using py2exe, I can turn these into 64bit exe applications. Now, does anyone know if i can convert these 64bit python programs into 32bit exe files?

The help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Wolfy
Wolfy - Ship Modeler for SBP07

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
Re: Python Applications. 64 to 32bit.
You will have to install the 32-bit version of python because the 64-bit version does not install the 32-bit binary or .dll.  You will probably also have to setup a separate environment (make a .cmd file that changes PATH, etc and run all of the 32-bit stuff from there) that only knows about the 32-bit binary and install all of you site dependencies into this 32-bit environment including 32-bit py2exe.

Or you could just get Virtual Box, install a 32-bit version of windows and setup your 32-bit build environment there.  You could also install a Linux distro and use wine to build the 32-bit version if you don't have a extra Windows license  laying around.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments