Author Topic: Turambar's Programing Project for CSC214  (Read 3002 times)

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
Turambar's Programing Project for CSC214
It's due friday.  SO basically, I need to make an online mall that you can log into.  There's 3 types of people, mall admins, store owners, and customers.  Customers can go from store to store and add things to their carts, store owners can ask the mall admin to open a store, and can add items to their store(s), mall admins can approve or deny permission for store owners to have a store.  I'll probably give everyone the ability to do regular shopping, but will keep mall admin stuff and store owner stuff seperate.

I already have the hard part figured out.  I can communicate between my program (which is written in c++, compiled to cgi) and the apache web server, and can communicate between the program and the mysql database.  Now i just need to generate the mall and all the classes and the ways they interact and the ways the user interacts with them.

The teacher and the assignment suggest that i need to send messages between the components of the program that contain data and instructions, but when i realized that there were 3 different types of people, i immediately thought of having modes that would control what the person has access to, and have all navigation done by links and buttons that i program. 

Anyway, I'm thinking out loud and stuff, I'll probably end up using this 'message' system, but i've never done that before so it will involve even more figuring things out. :-\
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Re: Turambar's Programing Project for CSC214
All I can say is "gl hf"

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
hmm, I would have suggested PHP to be honest.
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
i didn't have anything nearly that involved in 216.  but then again, we DID have programs assigned that where physically impossible with our given constraints.  honestly dude, good luck with CSC in general.  i've got no love lost for that department. 
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
hmm, I would have suggested PHP to be honest.

its a C++ class
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Use PHP anyway and get an F?

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Write a PHP interpreter in C++ then use PHP
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras