Author Topic: Red Faction's future is bright  (Read 7774 times)

Offline Nemesis6

• Tongs
Re: Red Faction's future is bright
Hey don't worry, guys! This will be just as awesome as Stargate Universe!  :)

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
I like Stargate Universe

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I like Stargate Universe

Nobody's perfect.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
sgu isnt the worst scifi at the moment, watch the new v, now thats horrible. sgu is ok, if not a blatant battlestar galactica wannabe.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline mxlm

First trailer!

No, I'm not telling you what I think of it. Go watch it yourself.
I will ask that you explain yourself. Please do so with the clear understanding that I may decide I am angry enough to destroy all of you and raze this sickening mausoleum of fraud down to the naked rock it stands on.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
First trailer!

No, I'm not telling you what I think of it. Go watch it yourself.

Uh, I don't think that's for the Red Faction movie at all. It's for the new Red Faction game.

Offline mxlm

I forgot the topic of my own thread. I am awesome.

Wait, no I didn't. Remember the part where Armageddon is being "produced in conjunction with syfy games?" That was the part that scared me. Still does, really. I guess I could have been more clear in the OP about that.
I will ask that you explain yourself. Please do so with the clear understanding that I may decide I am angry enough to destroy all of you and raze this sickening mausoleum of fraud down to the naked rock it stands on.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
SG:U is fan-****ing-tastic, and thus SyFy is riding high in my opinion ATM (that's the only show of theirs I watch, no idea about the quality or lack there-of of other properties). As such, I'm stoked that Volition got a property into a different medium, and remain 100% optimistic for a quality product :D.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
SG:U is fan-****ing-tastic, and thus SyFy is riding high in my opinion ATM (that's the only show of theirs I watch, no idea about the quality or lack there-of of other properties). As such, I'm stoked that Volition got a property into a different medium, and remain 100% optimistic for a quality product :D.

You really should stop posting whilst drunk.  :P

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
It would be worth it for a live-action Hall Fight.

Some reason I'm remembering the boarding party scene from the Wing Commander movie right now... not very awesome.
That movie had suck-ass sfx and cinematography.  If there's one thing I remember about it, it's not being able to tell what the aliens actually looked like when I watched it the first time because there was so much green aboard their ships.  I had to pause the damn video just to figure out "oh hey, they be giant, hairless, plantigrade cats."

The technology has greatly advanced, so even if the director is an incompetent wank and can't do decent filming to save his ass, as long as he sticks to the original, a live-action Hall Fight will be awesome.

Personally, if they do try something with FS, I feel they actually have a lot of room to improvise; the only things the games define are background universe, ftl method, fighter and ship-to-ship combat.  All we need are some competent writers, a decent producer and a good director.  Though given my exposure to SyFy's material (I guess I had the bad luck to catch all the crap shows, save BSG), I humbly request they stay the hell away from FS and let someone else with better skillz do it.  Or get the BSG crew to do it.  I would love to hear a Bear McCreary version of M5: Spook.

Did anyone else find it strange that in Wing Commander there were pilots running what should've been a marine mission?
<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Axem>   did anyone catch jesus' birth certificate?
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down
<Axem>and he was totally pro tax breaks
<Axem>he threw out all those tax collectors at the temple
<Nuclear>   he drove a V8 camel too
<Nuclear>   with a sword rack for his fully-automatic daggers

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?
RangerKarl|AtWork: stick your penis in the warp core
DarthGeek: no don't do that
amki: don't EVER do that

As far as I can remember, there was nothing right about that movie. And that's hard to say, because I generally like movies more than other people.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!

You really should stop posting whilst drunk.  :P

I'm as sober as a... very sober person, and I still think SG:U is awesome.

There shall be no dissent! :mad2:
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Is this Secret Project X?
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Perhaps, but they haven't changed te secret X tab in their games sections, however.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
Perhaps, but they haven't changed te secret X tab in their games sections, however.
Spoiler:
Freespace 3
that new game looks unappealing to me, but if the miniseries/movie were like gurellia, then I'd at least watch it once.

also, on sub-topic of SG-U:
too 'edgy' for me, stargate will always mean to me the wisecracks of O'Neil and company.
that light humour is what made SG-1 great, and atlantis sometimes alright.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
I think the new Red Faction looks cool but I'm not sure about the plot explained in the trailer myself.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline mxlm

Syfy's been dead to me ever since the atrocity that was BSG's finale.

It wasn't that bad  :blah:

Offline mxlm

Yes it was. In concept it was fine, in execution..."Wow, I can't believe no one is resisting this."

Yeah. It's almost as if the characters know it's the last episode. Oh, wait. No, that's just the writers.