Author Topic: About the Blue Star  (Read 4964 times)

About the Blue Star
I only saw the blue star, in the final episode of season5, Sleeping in Light, in the first 10 seconds, when minbar homeword appears . Where u get the information about the ship? How u now that is a fighter? (in that scene seems to have almost to same size of a white star, at least for me ) And the weapons?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 03:58:57 pm by mandrake88 »

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Re: About the Blue Star
The physical size of the craft can be gauged buy the physical size of the bridge interior, compared to the external shots.  This clearly makes it smaller than a Whitestar.  Also, in "Sleeping In Light", one was able to dock with Babylon 5, something which the Whitestars were too big for.  The model clearly shows a pair of weapons on the front of the engine pylons, so that would indicate that it has some combat capabilities.  Had it been just a transport, they'd probably have given it a defensive turret or something.  As for the nose gun... well, that was my idea.  It seemed that for our purposes, the pulse guns seemed a bit limited in armament, so rather than creating another whole class of beam weapon for the nose, I decided to use the Nial's neutron gun in a cycling set of firepoints.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

take a look here, seems to be a little diferent

http://www.b5tech.com/oldb5tech/isa/bluestar/bluestar.html

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
And if you read the notes 90% of that info is made up or speculation too.  Only fact is it's jump capable. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline -Norbert-

And that it can be piloted by a single person.... but then so can the Whitestar, at least as long as you stay out of combat (Episode Za'ha'dum).

I believe that the blue star is an scout ship. A smaller version of white star, so rangers can use for patrol/spy, because that kind of task usually are for one single ranger, and not and entire crew. Don't seems to be a fighter, is to big, cannot be carry by a whitestar (is logical that and ISA figther, can be carry by the ISA ships, like the white star and the victory class destroyer)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 07:06:14 pm by mandrake88 »

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Why when they are jump capable?
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras