Author Topic: Failed to connect  (Read 2816 times)

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator
When trying to access multiplayer via the ready room it displays a message: "Failed to connect". I've searched through other topics and couldn't find a solution that worked. Deleted multi.cfg but that didn't work. I'm running the 3.6.12 RC2 build. Tried 3.6.10 but got the same result. As far as I know the fs2net server is up and running?

Multi log is as follows:-
FreeSpace Multi Log - Opened Sat, May 29, 2010  at 05:28PM
----
----
----

05/29 17:28:36~   psnet_init() detected lan connection
05/29 17:28:36~   psnet_get_ip() reports IP : 0.0.0.0
05/29 17:28:37~   Receive buffer set to 4096
05/29 17:28:37~   Send buffer set to 4096
05/29 17:28:37~   Error on IPX startup 10047
05/29 17:28:37~   Error on IPX startup 10047
05/29 17:28:37~   Found no RAS connections
05/29 17:28:43~   In psnet_use_protocol()
05/29 17:28:43~   Psnet : TCP broadcast
05/29 17:28:43~   Psnet using - NET_TCP
05/29 17:28:44~   NOTICE: Incompatible game tracker IP detected (gt.pxo.net), using default instead (fs2netd.game-warden.com)!
05/29 17:28:44~   NOTICE: Incompatible user tracker IP detected (ut.pxo.net), using default instead (fs2netd.game-warden.com)!
05/29 17:28:44~   NOTICE: Port for game/user trackers not specified, using default instead (12009).
05/29 17:28:44~   NOTICE: Incompatible chat server IP detected (chat.pxo.net), using default instead (fs2netd.game-warden.com)!
05/29 17:28:44~   NOTICE: Incompatible banner URL detected (chat.pxo.net), using default instead (http://fs2netd.game-warden.com/files/banners)!

----
----
----
FreeSpace Multi Log - Closing on Sat, May 29, 2010  at 05:28PM

If this is a common problem with a solution that I missed then I apologise for the new topic.

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
It should be port 12000, not 12009.  Do you have a fs2open_pxo.cfg in your data folder?
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
No, 12009 is correct for the default port.

The server was down so that's the reason for the failure to connect.  It should be back up and working now though. :)

Offline Buckshee Rounds

• Lord Defecator
I searched for it, couldn't find anything unfortunately. After reading your post I forwarded port 12009 and lo and behold the bloody thing works now. Should've shown some initiative and done it in the first place, never mind. Thanks for the reply.

EDIT: Posted while the above replied.

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Hmm wonder why my pxo config has 12000 then.  Probably shouldn't even have that file around.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
Hmm wonder why my pxo config has 12000 then.  Probably shouldn't even have that file around.
Port 12000 was the default port for 3.6.9, so it was valid in pre-3.6.10 builds.  The servers used to run in parallel, which is why the current default is set at 12009, it needed to be an unused port.

Mine wont connect either

I created a file named

fs2open_pxo.cfg

with

fs2netd.game-warden.com

and put it in the data folder.  Is the server down, and if so, why does it show up when I load up fs2net on the browser?

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Yeah, I can't seem to connect either, with or without that file, with quite a few different builds.

There,  now it seems to work.  Although a command file doesn't seem to be needed.  As I removed the file and it still works.  Now all i need to do is log on at a time when there are people playing.  :p