Author Topic: About general discussion thread moderation  (Read 17614 times)

Re: About general discussion thread moderation
I can speak from experience that TrashMan is TrashMan, even if he isn't in a GenDisc area.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
I just avoid GenDisc overall. Two people arguing about a topic that they view very differently is a waste of effort.
I think this is the issue when it comes to serious business on any of the board's forums.

At some stage, people just can't discuss, and they feel the need to argue/resort to other aggressive behaviour. When you can see that one person has a radically different viewpoint than you do on something, agreeing to disagree is a lot more productive than being aggressive and making an ass out of yourself and the entire board.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I just avoid GenDisc overall. Two people arguing about a topic that they view very differently is a waste of effort.
I think this is the issue when it comes to serious business on any of the board's forums.

At some stage, people just can't discuss, and they feel the need to argue/resort to other aggressive behaviour. When you can see that one person has a radically different viewpoint than you do on something, agreeing to disagree is a lot more productive than being aggressive and making an ass out of yourself and the entire board.

Or you can thrash them so hard that their women lament.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Or drag them down to your level and beat them with experience.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Let's see you try.  :D

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Tempting fate once again, I see.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Let's see you try.  :D

I refer you to Hard Light Productions General Discussion forum.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Oh pshaw, I see no lamenting women! :P

Tempting fate once again, I see.
Oh, that was pretty tame by my standards of fate-tempting.

* Dilmah G quietly brings up the running from gang incident.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Or drag them down to your level and beat them with experience.

If we could do it to Trashman, we could do it to anyone.

Then the moderation stopped letting us do it to Trashman. :(
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Yes but you see Trashman inevitably had more experience than the rest of us, so he may just as well have beat us at his own game at one stage.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Yes but you see Trashman inevitably had more experience than the rest of us, so he may just as well have beat us at his own game at one stage.

Karaj pretty much had it covered. I only helped.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Nuclear1

Oh pshaw, I see no lamenting women! :P

That's because you're on an internet forum, which by definition is devoid of women.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Don't let Rian hear you... :nervous:

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel
GenDisc didn't change much, in terms of "kind-of-topic" posted. We have all kind of topics, rarely "serious" ones.
What's changed is indeed the number of flamewars. GenDisc is much quieter now.

It's still the Brown Sector of HLP. There's the usual going on, and when Chief- insert Moderator nick- Garibaldi walks through, everyone's busy with pretending they're innocent.  :P

There are, on occasion "serious" discussions going on, and the reason that those aren't turning always into flamewars, is imo, that certain members ( ex-members ) aren't posting anymore/ don't get involved too much.
Me also thinks, that people don't get too involved in certain topics, considering that previously "serious" discussions, turned into flamewars (minor reason) and get locked and on occasion people get banned ( major reason).

Maybe i'm wrong on this one, but it seems that threads like "Whatever happens in your life" seemed to aid, in a twisted way, to reduce the number of flamewars.
Having such dedicated "i crapped, and i want to let the world know" threads seems to reduce the amount of spam threads.

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Don't let Rian hear you... :nervous:

She left.