Author Topic: Campaign idea...... tell me whatcha think....  (Read 1694 times)

Offline Nuclear1

Campaign idea...... tell me whatcha think....
Guess I had a little free time on my hands, so I thought up a decent campaign idea.......

The Admiral's Revenge [/i] [/u] or Bosch's Comeback [/i] [/u]

Description: Admiral Bosch, having influenced the Shivans, returns through a secret portal in Ross 128 and attacks the GTD Amadeus (I know it was lost in the Great War, but this is a newly commissioned one under the same name :p). The destroyer retreats to Beta Aquilae and reports the incident to GTVA General Assembly. The entire Alliance is put under a state of emergency. With a Vasudan insurrection (not the HOL) rising in the Adhara system, the Alliance is on the brink of collapse. Emperor Khonsu II is murdered onboard Wayfarer Station in the Polaris system, which weakens Terran-Vasudan relations even further. Can the Alliance survive? Or will the Admiral finally defeat his old enemy?

Whaddya think? :D
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
It would be interesting if done properly and effectively integrated into the missions, but it seems a slightly cliched to me and has too much of the "desperation effect" where it might not be very useful.

Offline Kellan

• Down with pansy elves!
    • http://freespace.volitionwatch.com/blackwater
I've toyed with the idea of Bosch returning - if he does so, he returns with the Shivans, right? What state are he and the other Terrans in? Made into hybrids and cloned so there are loads? Are there Shivan/Terran hybrid ships?

And dropping the Vasudan rising might be a good idea. The Shivans and Bosch make a terrifying enough team. :nod: This idea might have some potential if you can get some reskins/remodels of Terran ships to look more Shivan, if you ask me.

Offline Nuclear1

Originally posted by Kellan

And dropping the Vasudan rising might be a good idea. The Shivans and Bosch make a terrifying enough team.

I see what you mean, but here's a more in-depth explanation.

The reason for the Vasudan uprising is to build up even more tension. If the Vasudans break off, the GTVA would collapse and every would be back to the old GTA-VPE conflict.

One mistake and the Alliance will collapse..... that's all it takes. :nod:

Also, I like the idea of reskinning a few Terran ships to look more Shivan and vice versa. Sorta like the Beast in HW: Cataclysm. :D
And we know how cool they looked.:eek:
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Ulundel

• Big press poppa
Ummm...ok but this is volitions playground. It's too important.

Offline Kellan

• Down with pansy elves!
    • http://freespace.volitionwatch.com/blackwater
I don't see any harm in someone trying to make Bosch return. After all, we've all had a go at making the Shivans return, and they're just as 'important'.

Besides, :V: is likely to disregard every campaign, story-wise, that has come out for FS2 if they ever make a proper sequel. :ha: :headz:

Offline Ulundel

• Big press poppa
Umm...whatever :doubt:

Offline FSW

I don't like the Bosch returning bit much really.
That stuff about the uprising and Khonsu dying is good, though. Make sure there is a very good reason for the Vasudan rebellion, maybe a reason that would convince a few Terrans to join in too.
Maaaaybe... you could choose whether or not to join the rebellion at some point. This could be done in two ways... either an SOC screen or a mission event. If, for example, you fire on a friendly ship in a particular mission after being asked to do so by an enemy ship, you could change the path of the mission tree. (There will be a tree, right?) In that mission all friendly IFFs would become hostile and vice versa.

Offline Kabal

• Where's my Node?!
    • http://hometown.aol.com/kabal150/index.html
It doesnt really matter if volition doesn't like the storyline. It is freedom of speech and no one can take that away. And If Volition doesnt like the stroyline, they could just buy you out. :) :devilidea
Soon the kabal will rule...soon....everyone.....will....DIE!Kabal's House (Samples of my work)

Offline Stunaep

• Thread Necrotech.... we bring the dead to life!
And I think, that the Khonsu2-dies-relations-become-tense-in-the-gtva-line is already in Tens Third Twilight. So its kinda overused now.
"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n
Bah. You're an admin, you've had practice at this spanking business. - Odyssey