Author Topic: 2010-12-08 - Trailer 4  (Read 13096 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Script combined with regular explosions. Script is what makes the big star flash with the trails.

not correct, its a normal explosion as well, IIRC there is no script that can create an effect like that with particles.
expect even better looking explosions, as this trailer doesn't show the new burning debris script as well as adjustment I made for the capship deaths, glad to hear positive feedback for the effects, thanks :)

burning debris, eh..?
smexy

You've seen it in action already, if you played anything with the 3.6.12 MVPs.

Well, I'd say I love you guys, but unless I upgrade my computer those trailers are the only things I'll see :mad:
Still, epic work. The Wow-factor in that is uncalculable.
Also, loved the nebula, it seemed different from what we have back in FreeSpace.
And  :eek: did the tip of that basestar just come off  :eek2:

Offline newman

Yep, you can blow those off if you have enough firepower to do it :) Don't be so sure you won't be able to play it, we still need to finish and polish some stuff, get to beta and spec the game.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 10:51:28 am by newman »
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline Shade

Also, there are LODs and detail settings for a reason ;)
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline newman

Worst case scenario we can always come up with a vp that would contain lower poly pofs and lower res textures of the most resource hungry ships - so if anyone has trouble with fps they can run with that vp. But we'll see if it'll even be necessary. I wouldn't panic.
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

thanks guys:) In a world dominated by spec-mad computer companies, it's nice to see someone is still thinking of us low-tech guys:)

Offline Madcat

I am completely in awe.
And my jaw hit the floor as well, when the tip of the basestar came off... I did not expect that. Great job!