Author Topic: Conversations from War in Heaven  (Read 10765 times)

Re: Conversations from War in Heaven
And of course, phrases like Angels -- and Weeds somewhat lose their meaning when applied to space where concepts such as up and down are largely irrelevant (Yes, you could use the ecliptic as a horizontal, but in a furball, everyone's going to be orientated different ways as the situation demands it)

Atmospheric Dogfights then  :lol:

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • The Token "G" of HLP
Eh, I personally wouldn't be into atmospheric dogfights in Freespace. LOMAC/IL2/CFS/BoB contend me on that front. :P

So what you'll end up seeing in War in Heaven is FreeSpace 2's civilian-friendly chatter spiced with just a hint of the way the military actually talks, which is an impenetrable soup of acronyms, brevity codes and bizarre slang.
Oh pshaw, it's not that bizarre when you find out where it originates. :D
Trendy Lefty. Good music from a good friend of mine.

Freespace Rap: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,62924.0.html

The Fighter Pilot Series: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=72431.msg1431423#msg1431423

The word 'Yo' is only ever to be used as a singular greeting.
It is considered an insult to destroy a perfectly acceptable greeting by misuse. A 'Yo-Yo' is a toy spun from the index finger by small children and enthusiasts,
any such use as a greeting will result in prompt reprimand by any member of the 'African-American' or 'Sri-Lankans-who-think-they're-black' community

Fury`: if General Krav Maga wouldn't be enough, beating up 16 teenagers is going to get me into jail :p /
BlackMan: Maybe if you turned into pedobear you'd be more of a threat

Offline Snail

• SC 5
And South African slang!

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
:bump:

Would be interested to see what people think of the Conversations post-release.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Makes more sense now, just that.

I could go with my interest in the MORPHEUS project, but that's from reading the descriptions and prose entries, not particularly from these lines.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Qent

It's really nice when you're playing and suddenly the conversation becomes clear -- the Pegasus one was best in that regard.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
One or two of these did give me "Aha!" moments as I played the campaign, but reading them again retrospectively, they all take on a far more chilling light. :yes:

Offline emark4

:bump:

Would be interested to see what people think of the Conversations post-release.

Okay, 8 years late, but I am guessing that the "Yangze " conversation is talking about Flight Lt. Ng'Mei? Felt like making that into a database entry for the character but I want to make sure.