Author Topic: What do you want in the rest of War in Heaven?  (Read 190279 times)

Offline Arcalane

• Wait, I'm supposed to use evasive maneuvers?
    • Wyrdysm Games Forums
Re: What do you want in the rest of War in Heaven?
If I was Alpha 1, I'd call it quits and retire after surviving the Capella Supernova. A streak of good luck only holds up so long. :p
Don't think, Mechwarrior. Find out.

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
  • ...and by awesome I mean Jerk!
-Sara-, Scotty Yeah, I see Xinny and Zero as more of exceptions than the norm. I remember Batutta referring to them as 'Heroes with an untold story' or something like that in the commentary. I would imagine most of the FS2 veterans have moved on. 18 years is a long time, but I would have to think many have chosen to make a career out of it just like any other war. They could budge their way up to Officer ranks and command a warship or push pencils at a desk, flight instructors etc. All the things you two have been saying.  20 years of service is not unheard of in today's US military, in fact if you do happen to serve that long you get a sweet pension plan. NGTM-1R is right, and this is army not air force, but you all might find some of these figures interesting.

Military Discharge codes(All the reasons an enlisted man leaves the service) , scroll down to 'Mandatory Retirement' http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:zWkybcZFhmEJ:www.coalitionofvets.org/documents/MilitarySeparationCodes/Military_Separation_Codes_Numeric_Codes.doc+long+serving+enlisted+personnel&cd=7&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Maximum enlistment age- [NOT Mandatory retirement Age!] http://usmilitary.about.com/od/joiningthemilitary/f/faqenlage.htm
I concluded it's possible under some relaxation of these rules for FS2 vets to fly in BP, but they aren't far away from exiting the cockpit unless medicine has advanced sufficiently enough to increase longevity and vitality (an entirely believable reality for the 24th century).

Beskargam- It's certainly possible. I mean if Xinny and Zero made it than why not? It would be strange to run into the great and nameless 'Alpha 1' in BP; and what would Alpha 1 do? Would he/she defect to the UEF, or annihilate every Durga bomber in sight? Wern't you Alpha 1 in FS2? What would YOU do? Something interesting to ponder, maybe even to allude to, but if I have to fight Alpha 1 in WIH:R2 I will do so while giggling.

What about Fs1 Alpha1? If Admiral Calder is a veteran of the great war, than why not bring the first Alpha1 out for another show? Wheel him/her out of the bed and into the cockpit of that old and trusty Herc Mk1 and plead that he/she defend Earth... one last time...
SAVE US ALPHA1!!
[My bad, too much fun]

The beginning of retail FS2 said that the 'Hammerheads' squadron dated back to the destruction of the Lucifer 32 years before that command briefing. It's entirely possible and even realistic for the Aquitaine's Blue Lions to still be around. What the Aquitaine is up to at this point in BP cannon is beyond me. My guess is something to do with Shivans/exploration. I just can't see Robbert Loggia taking on Earth, especially after seeing Independence Day... aah never mind Petrarch would be retired by now. Sure it's possible though. The nice thing about the BP setting is that there are so many opportunities to connect it to retail cannon in a meaningful way.

I remember in AoA being touched when I saw the GTD Minnow, a Terran destroyer in Fs1 that merely got mentioned in a command briefing once. It was given life, in an ironic way, by Corey and it's presence in that mission. It's nice to see that kind of stuff once in awhile. Adds significance to see that everything fits and all that. One of the reasons why I like ASW so much, as well as BP.

Sorry this turned out to be kind of long. My summary is 'Yes'.
BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.

Offline Ypoknons

• Ancient
    • http://www.xwaupgrade.com
With he frequency of Alpha 1 FS2 transfer to different squadrons with different roles, I wonder if he wasn't part of some GTVA officer fast track program. He sure made squadron leader fast.

Or maybe he went back to civilian life, became a management consultant, had a family, and then opened a chic resturant in the tendy part of Betq Aquilae. It's a good life.
Long time ago, you see, there was this thing called the VBB and... oh, nevermind.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Or died in a toasty but heroic stellar event!

Offline Ypoknons

• Ancient
    • http://www.xwaupgrade.com
Also a good life. Toast is good.
Long time ago, you see, there was this thing called the VBB and... oh, nevermind.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Or maybe he went back to civilian life, became a management consultant, had a family, and then opened a chic resturant in the tendy part of Betq Aquilae. It's a good life.
I wouldn't be surprised if he was just a volunteer who raised his hand when his alliance needed him. In fact I can think of a few great pilots who did almost exactly what you've said, after the war.

Was he drunk and flying crop dusters but dusting the wrong crops?

Offline bigchunk1

• bigchunk1 = Awesome²
  • ...and by awesome I mean Jerk!
Was he drunk and flying crop dusters but dusting the wrong crops?

Nice Independence Day reference. That movie brings back memories.  :yes:
BP Multi
The Antagonist
Zacam: Uh. No, using an effect is okay. But you are literally using the TECHROOM ani as the weapon effect.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Oh yes. :yes:

But really, after you'd seen the kind of atrocities committed during the war, and having so many of your friends die, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Alpha 1 didn't speak of his military service at all afterwards.

Offline Infamus

true, but we could use him as a dues ex machina, or maybe have him actually fly with Laporte. (I'm sure FS1 Alpha 1 is a dude)

as for FS2 Alpha 1, maybe he did stay behind and 'almost' got vaporized, but a bunch Sathanas husks shadow the blast some just torching his ship. He gets a shivan fighter from within one of the husk, reprograms it, and finds his way into shivan space to find Bosch. that pretty much leaves him out of the BP storyline.
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH
BARRA
BARRA
BARRA CUDA
yeah

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Assuming FS1's Alpha 1 was in his mid 20s during FS1, he would be pushing 70 by the time of War In Heaven. I have my doubts about his ability to fly a fighter.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
as for FS2 Alpha 1, maybe he did stay behind and 'almost' got vaporized, but a bunch Sathanas husks shadow the blast some just torching his ship. He gets a shivan fighter from within one of the husk, reprograms it, and finds his way into shivan space to find Bosch. that pretty much leaves him out of the BP storyline.

what is this i dont even

John Glenn flew a mission at 77. :yes:
Did you hear that fellas? She says I have a Meritorious Unit.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Yeah, but a) he's John Glenn and b) noone expected him to fly against younger pilots, through flak curtains..... you get the point.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
John Glenn flew a mission at 77. :yes:
Yes, but could he fly a second one? :D

Offline Logrus

A separate bit of fiction I read regarding admiral steele says that he went to military school specifically for military tactics training. Steele was also a former pilot of the second shivan incursion, but his schooling provided a different skillset which made him more effective in a position of leadership.
Maybe Steele IS Alpha 1 from FS2? ;)

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
A separate bit of fiction I read regarding admiral steele says that he went to military school specifically for military tactics training. Steele was also a former pilot of the second shivan incursion, but his schooling provided a different skillset which made him more effective in a position of leadership.
Maybe Steele IS Alpha 1 from FS2? ;)

Read his Dossier. He came up through the ranks as an SOC pilot, until he was grievously injured during the FS2 campaign, at which point he switched tracks to capital ship command.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
You may however, have flown with him on an SOC sortie. ;)

as for FS2 Alpha 1, maybe he did stay behind and 'almost' got vaporized, but a bunch Sathanas husks shadow the blast some just torching his ship.

Well, after we have established that capital ships are practically small neutron stars anyway, why not give them the ability to shield a supernova - even though the object being shielded is probably more than one AU away from the ship itself.

While we're at it, Alpha 1 probably met up with Bosch, they both became King and Queen of the Shivans (you choose who's who), and they'll lead an attack on mankind, capturing Steele, making him crown prince of the Shivans, and happily rule their eternal empire until the end of time.

You are now imagining a Shivan wedding between Alpha 1 and Bosch, with a happy Shivan bridesmaid catching the bouquet.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • EaWPR
A bouquet of human heads... :drevil: