Author Topic: What do you want in the rest of War in Heaven?  (Read 190287 times)

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Re: What do you want in the rest of War in Heaven?
. . .
. . . Does this mean that there's a beta testing position open?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
You're backtracking now; you hadn't thought of any of that when you made the post in contention because you talked about 'the BP team' and yet you're now (correctly) stating you knew the content came from before the great restart, when there was no BP team. You can't have it both ways.

Allow me to quote:

Seriously though, this is definitely gonna be something more interesting than a superweapon/supership/superportal. BP crew know better than this.
Having some secret inside information that is most likely out of date, I'd wager that they actually didn't with the first rendition of WiH

You expressed doubt that your material was certainly out of date, and then supplied acknowledged inside information about an element of the ending of the story in the knowledge that it might not be out of date - very specific information. Had you been wrong about any of your uncertainties you could've done some serious narrative damage.

As a compromise I'll hold your posts in moderation until I'm sure you're not going to divulge any more material, correct or incorrect. And you clearly know the difference between PR for Axem and Spoon and what you're doing here, please don't try to pretend otherwise.

Do not, under any circumstances, discuss any content available only to testers, even if it had nothing to do with the story. Just don't do it.
Post updated.
He keeps posting in spite of the clear warning and firewalled users doesn't seem to work.  :blah: Going to have to contact an admin.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 03:15:08 am by Jeff Vader »

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
TL:DR, if it's this important, and they were actually capable of truly hiding it, why the hell wouldn't they?

I question the actual ability of "truly hiding it".

There Is No Stealth In Space.

They best way of hiding is blending with civilian traffic.

Basically ECM works the same way, you spam ECM when you don't care that people know somethings there, but you don't want them to know what is there.

Then again, Stealth Fighters >.> Still, they're tiny in comparsion to the STEALTH INSTALLATION you're proposing.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 06:37:35 pm by Droid803 »
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
A subspace did it!

God I hope not. Mainly because Gargant :wtf:

There better be a Gargant or I'm going to be pissed off :(

Upload the HTL model and we'll take a look at including it.

I don't have it, I think only the Inferno project people have it. Even if the only model is a non-detailed one, you could still get away with having it very far off in the distance.
Sig censored by people with no sense of humor

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action

I don't have it, I think only the Inferno project people have it. Even if the only model is a non-detailed one, you could still get away with having it very far off in the distance.

What if we just resize a Rakshasa, and make it really huge, and put that in the distance?

edit: and label it Gargant?

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Subspace magic invoked.
Droid803 concedes.

gg.

* Droid803 has left the Game.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

I question the actual ability of "truly hiding it".

There Is No Stealth In Space.

They best way of hiding is blending with civilian traffic.

Basically ECM works the same way, you spam ECM when you don't care that people know somethings there, but you don't want them to know what is there.

Granted, this is only me responding to someone else's theory, since I'm actually a proponent of them using mobile assets like ships in exactly the manner you describe for this project. But I like this discussion.

The problem we face with the concept of "No Stealth in Space," no matter how true it may be, is that according to the Pegasus, Freespace Physics means you can have stealth. While in FS2, they were simply un-targetable, in WiH A wing Of Pegasus stealth fighters were, somehow, completely in invisible to radar. Even after they opened fire they weren't actually showing up, IIRC, though I know for a fact that the direction of space they come from registers no contacts, not even the random "unknown" blips, until they open fire. Going by that, it seems like you can completely stealth an object, at the very least from the sensors of a fighter. And it seems like it would be easier to Mask the reading of a station hidden away somewhere, say the inner two worlds, seeing as how you wont have to worry about constant engine emissions, nevermind the distance most things scanning for it would be operating at.

Edit: Damn it. Took to long. Why have you stolen my debate, HLP? :mad:
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 08:47:06 pm by PsychoLandlord »

What if we just resize a Rakshasa, and make it really huge, and put that in the distance?

Because I want to see the real Gargant

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action

Because I want to see the real Gargant

If the old Gargant is available for you to download at any time, and the new Gargant is private to the Inferno team, how are we supposed to do that?

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
I thought oversizing a Rakshasa gave you the new Gigas anyway
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I thought oversizing a Rakshasa gave you the new Gigas anyway

There was commentary to that effect in the INF eyecandy thread (which is...uh...missing? What the hell?), but I think they also said they'd abandoned the Gigas as both a concept and a model?
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

There is no old Gargant AFAIK, and no version is available for download. But you guys are so high profile if you asked them I'm sure they'd give it to you.

Offline Flak

Actually just upsize the sathanas, give some extra weapon turrets and Dante style paintwork and you get something similar.

But I want the real one :doubt:

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Then find it somewhere else.  I'd be willing to bet (and hope) that the BP team knows better than to include it for the sake of including it.

Well if they include it I'll give them each $1000.00

Offline Flak

Warning: Contains stuff that goes boom. Do not ingest

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Karaj wanted no more discussion on this topic, sir. I would suggest you delete that.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Darius

All right...
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 01:06:26 am by Darius »