Author Topic: What do you want in the rest of War in Heaven?  (Read 190157 times)

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Re: What do you want in the rest of War in Heaven?
Just flava. We could actually implement it in gameplay, though...
Oh gosh, plugging from a Sanctus. :D

Offline SF-Junky

• Bread can mold, what can you do?
These questions have surely been answered already in this board or even this thread, but as I do not have the time to read 66 pages:
1) When are we gonna see Shivans again?
2) Will we see some UAF vs. Shivan action then? Because I hope to see a lot more of those Solaris-class destroyers. These things are really awesome. :)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
There are no Shivans in BWO.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Wut?
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
you heard me!

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Oh hot damn, I really asked that as the first question in that thread? Go me. :pimp:
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline Flak

or is there another mr cuddles?

Offline sgtbeil

MOAR DAKKA

Offline CT27

A GTVA win.  ;)

Offline Aesaar

Actually, it's UEF ships that have more dakka.  GTVA ships are shootier and zzapier, and have all these clever gubbinz.

Great, now I'm imagining WiH if everyone was Orks.

UEF
=

GTVA
=
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 09:45:16 pm by Ryuseiken »

Actually, it's UEF ships that have more dakka.  GTVA ships are shootier and zzapier, and have all these clever gubbinz.

UEF=Tau
GTVA=Imperial Navy

Discuss.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.

WAAAAGH! Steele

UEF=Tau
GTVA=Imperial Navy

Discuss.

more like UEF = Imperial Navy and GTVA = Adeptus Astartes
for those who never played Battlefleet Gothic: Imperial Navy fleets are all about hurling wave and wave of torpedos and missiles at your enemy, Astartes aka Speeece Marys have the big lazer guns if my memory serves me right
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Well, the UEF fight a lot like the Tau: elite attack craft, prow weapons batteries, and Apocalypse torpedoes that are fired in swarms like Tau drone missiles are.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
I feel like the UEF is much like the Imperail Navy with all its torpedos, and the GTVA (terrans only) are the adeptus Astartes in that they get the most advanced ships and weapons, ie the Titan and Raynor. Vasudans feel like the Elder and Shivans a mix of Tryanids and Necrons.

I would just like to see more of the epicness of WIH part 1,  with some major WTF and brown trousers time, ie that SOC mission DIVE DIVE pilot, first time i played that it i jumped out of my seat. Need some missions like that. Would also like the UEF to score a couple of victories against the GTVA.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
UEF=Tau
GTVA=Imperial Navy

UEF isn't a terrible comparison, but the lack of forward Lance batteries or equivalent ruins the GTVA comparison.

Instead, perhaps What Lies Within, Fear We to Ask.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline -Norbert-

I feel like the UEF is much like the Imperail Navy with all its torpedos, and the GTVA (terrans only) are the adeptus Astartes in that they get the most advanced ships and weapons, ie the Titan and Raynor.
I think your fluff got stuck in the year 38000.
Due to the editcs made after the Horus Heresy the Space Marines aren't allowed to have "real" space warships.
Except for the Cobra destroyer (which is very effective in space battles and thus also very controcersion in wether the SMs should be allowed to use them), everything else is fully geared toward forcing a planetary landing and thus not as effective in pure space battles as the Navy or Mechanicus vessels (at least in the backstory.... the game obviously had to make compromises to keep it balanced).

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

• Fat and lazy glory hound, mooch, narcissist.
    • Black Yoshi's YouTube Page
BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! Okay, maybe not. Or death by bees.

One thing I'd like to see from a story POV is if you're forced to take a ship with two or three crewmembers (I.E. the Izra'il, the Uriel, the heavy bombers), that I'd like to see some interaction between the crew. Granted, Laporte's been flying mostly alone in her ship, but what are the odds she may get along with the Weapon Systems Officer or Navigator in the back seat?

From a missions POV, I don't know if someone suggested this, but how about a mission like the second in Vassago's Dirge? Say, you have to take a Lapith and have to strike several minor capital targets across sections in high orbit of Earth and Mars, as in "jump, move fast, blow up targets or drop enough bombs so other strike packages can handle stragglers), jump out, re-load/repair, get to the next target, rinse and repeat," just to demonstrate how efficient precision strike bombing tactics can be. (Unless there was something in the lore description I overlooked regarding how fast the Lapith can recharge subspace drives without a burnout.)

Oh, and another cool thing I'd like to see: the Izra'il in action. Funnily enough after taking it out on a test fly, it feels like the F-15E Strike Eagle (maybe it's just me because of how the fighter looks and operates, or practically it's the only ship I can think of that can scarily do a lot of multi-role action like the GVB Sekhmet).
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.

Offline Aesaar

Black_Yoshi1230 hit a good idea.  It would be very nice to have a bit of interaction with the other person in a two seater like the Uriel, Izra'il, or the bombers (assuming we get to fly them).

The only thing I dislike about the Izra'il is that it feels less maneuverable than the Uriel because of the lack or reverse thrust.  The secondary capacity is godly.