Author Topic: MOD: STALKER: Call of Pripyat Complete 1.0  (Read 3638 times)

Offline Nemesis6

• Tongs
MOD: STALKER: Call of Pripyat Complete 1.0
http://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-pripyat-complete/downloads/call-of-pripyat-complete-10
(Use the archive version, not the recommended one -- Recommended one will fail to detect your installation for some reason)

Don't forget to apply this "optimization patch":
http://dolgovstudio.com/mods/patches/copc_1.0_optimization_patch_3.zip

If you have a copy of Call of Pripyat lying around, time to dust it off and fire it up. Some background info -- There have been these "complete" mods for all of the STALKER games, though they're dedicated to raising the graphics level and atmosphere, they add all kinds of things like overhauled AI, better sounds, more gameplay elements like the addition of a sleeping bag for example. Basically, they're known to some of the best, most polished mods around.

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
Re: MOD: STALKER: Call of Pripyat Complete 1.0
It's pretty cool looking, but I still have playthroughs on SMRTR to finish, then some "I work Alone" (looks AWESOME for atmosphere)  and then give SGM a try (supposed to have LOTS of new content, quests, equipment.

Yes, these mods are good.  I've played all three Complete mods now, and CoP Complete is the best of the bunch.  It's amazingly pretty with Eyefinity, though it seems to stutter badly sometimes because of my SLI (either that or the lighting).  If you have any of the Stalkers, get these mods.

Offline Kolgena

I tried the mod for SoC, but it churned my computer to a halt, even with everything bottomed out. (I didn't try playing the game vanilla, and I've heard the xray engine in general has terrible performance, so maybe it's not the mod's fault).

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Just turn down textures, especially if you're on a 32 bit system.

Offline Kolgena

I'll keep that in mind next time I install it. Do textures really make that big a difference? They don't usually in most of my experiences with other game engines. x64, 512MB GDDR3.

(I'll probably beat Dead Space 2, and delete that to make room for SoC.)

Offline Kszyhu

The main problem with Complete mod I've encountered (at least in SoC) is spawn bug. In retail game it's barely noticeable, but with Complete it's really annoying. For example, I went to army warehouses from bar - I had some business at freedom base. I'm running all the way from the entrance to the base (other end of the map), and I'm encountering noone. No Duty squad, no mutants, noone from Freedom. So, about three minutes after entering, game freezes for few seconds... and then everyone spawns.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
I'll keep that in mind next time I install it. Do textures really make that big a difference? They don't usually in most of my experiences with other game engines. x64, 512MB GDDR3.

(I'll probably beat Dead Space 2, and delete that to make room for SoC.)

They do. If you have the textures up too high it can cause a memory leak...but I'm pretty sure that's only on 32 bit systems...but I'm not sure.

Offline Nemesis6

• Tongs
Well, I wouldn't be concerned with memory leaks as much as I'd be concerned with stuttering, but the X-Ray 1.6 engine seems to have a problem with that regardless of textures, so I say knock yourself out.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Well, I wouldn't be concerned with memory leaks as much as I'd be concerned with stuttering, but the X-Ray 1.6 engine seems to have a problem with that regardless of textures, so I say knock yourself out.

The memory leak will inevitably crash the game at least on the SoC version of the engine, so yeah, I'd be concerned about it.