Author Topic: Bulletstorm Woooooooooooorld!  (Read 8686 times)

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
Bulletstorm Woooooooooooorld!
As some of you may have heard, I work at Epic Games doing QA for a game called Bulletstorm.

Since I actually like the game, I will share with you its campy, hyper-violent glory.

For starters: The E3 demo - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HfCqw_8iKo -
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline mxlm

Re: Bulletstorm Woooooooooooorld!
No, that's not how to get people to be excited for the game. Try this: remember Painkiller? Yeah, same people. Don't remember Painkiller? Go get the demo, then go get the game,  then be excited that those folks are doing something new.
I will ask that you explain yourself. Please do so with the clear understanding that I may decide I am angry enough to destroy all of you and raze this sickening mausoleum of fraud down to the naked rock it stands on.

Offline Turambar

I never played painkiller, so i couldn't tell you about that. 
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
The gun shoots shurikens and lightning!
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Mika

Turambar, off the record, how many former ex. 3DRealms people are employed by Epic?

Just make sure this game doesn't turn to Borderlands (looked more like level grinding last time I saw it) and you have a sell. It's about time somebody got the FPS done right. Though I'm a little bit worried about the generic looking protagonist and enemies.

Painkiller indeed has a lot of variety in the enemies. I might check the selves of the local game shop again.
Relaxed movement is always more effective than forced movement.

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
Colour me impressed.

Turambar, off the record, how many former ex. 3DRealms people are employed by Epic?

Just make sure this game doesn't turn to Borderlands (looked more like level grinding last time I saw it) and you have a sell. It's about time somebody got the FPS done right. Though I'm a little bit worried about the generic looking protagonist and enemies.

Painkiller indeed has a lot of variety in the enemies. I might check the selves of the local game shop again.
GoG Painkiller: Black Edition for ten bucks.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Turambar

I can tell you guys that the E3 demo is actually a pretty representative sample of gameplay, and isn't just some bull**** thrown together montage created to make a good impression.

Also, after 2 weeks of working here looking at all the flaws of the game, it's still fun to play.

Offline Turambar

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/706835/Epic-Games-Planning-Bulletstorm-Sized-Unveil-For-gamescom.html
'
We're on a little crunch getting ready for this.  It's gonna be a fun show! 

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
.... I hear Steven Blum. :D
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline Turambar

here's the gamescom demo, with the reveal of the Burnouts, the quad barrel shotgun Boneduster, and the giant ass ****in dinosaur Hekaton

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i3Yrxchi6c

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Seriously, that's all I need to be sold on it. :yes:

Offline Turambar

http://www.epicgames.com/news/epic-games-and-ea-announce-bulletstorm-epic-edition

Specific pre-ordered copies will come with an invitation to the Gears 3 beta!

I have no idea how they badgered EA and Microsoft to cooperate on this one, but I like it!

Offline mxlm

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/12/16/bulletstorm-dev-diary-doesnt-disappoint/#continued

NSFW. Tura, have you gotten around to playing painkiller yet?
I will ask that you explain yourself. Please do so with the clear understanding that I may decide I am angry enough to destroy all of you and raze this sickening mausoleum of fraud down to the naked rock it stands on.

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
Cussin' like a sailor man.  It's kinda funny, cause I get the impression he doesn't swear in his regular conversational speaking.
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Watched the trailers and the dev dairy of the characters and i have to say this game sounds like it might be a damn good laugh, with the overtop swearing and violence! "PULL UP YOUR SKIRT , AND STRAP THAT DILDO ON!!" classic line!

Can't wait to see what the uk newspaper The Daily Mail makes of this one as they condem well almost all video games for being the cause of societys problems.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline Turambar

Can't wait to see what the uk newspaper The Daily Mail makes of this one as they condem well almost all video games for being the cause of societys problems.

With Bulletstorm, they might finally be on to something!  I tell you, this game is going to teach a lot of kids a lot of new words that their parents aren't going to like (even though the parents bought the game for the kids and forgot to turn on the mature language filter).

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel
Hm, this looks like it's gonna be fun.
I hope it runs on my system...

Offline Turambar

Offline Kolgena

Indeed. I hope this runs well, but it looks far beyond my system. Heck, it looks a lot like Crysis without the vegetation.